The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

3.136 (2021/06/30)

• ‘final’ round of kernel update

For now I’m planning to release if this runs properly for a few days.

4 Likes

Hi,
I see Roon was updated to version 1.8 / 806 yesterday. This version normally includes Roon Core and Bridge.
The Core update is going well, but not Bridge which remains in 1.7 / 571.
Roon indicates that 1.7 is the most recent Bridge version for Ropieee, is that normal?
I am with Ropieee 3.138 Beta.
Thank you

This is normal…Roon Bridge seldom ever changes

Seems to be different this time around, as per software release notes

There’s a post about Ropieee lacking the update and Roon investigating.

My DietPi bridges were updated through Roon’s “About” menu, though.

Running VitOS on RPI 4 and the update doesn’t show up.

It could be that the 806 roon bridge is OS specific, ie for Windows perhaps its an update but not for Linux devices.

The release notes state clearly that it is for Linux as well as for Windows and Roon OS. However, it’s down to Harry as to whether he pulls it down for Ropieee.

Ah missed the bit on the end… well I guess if Harry needs to fix something there it will be done. Tho it doesn’t seem to be an issue at B571 for my setups

The release does not contain anything of interest for Linux, but I guess the Roon team keeps the same release on all platforms (which makes sense).

For now I’m not planning on doing anything :wink:

Let’s first wait for the dust to settle a bit and see what the Roon team thinks.

psssst @Eric_Zhang

Try the new beta.

B3.139 seems to have broken a few of my units with displays and wifi is no longer detected - LAN is able to access but there is no wifi device shown

027b251e5c704b32

this was working on 3.137 before they updated

Wow. Sorry mate. Firmware is just crashing hard.

Really annoyed that the Pi guys put this stuff out :frowning:

Anyways, I’ll try to fix it asap.

1 Like

Its odd tho as some wifi devices are fine both 3B and 4B models and others are not - but the ones that are not seem to be ones with displays - maybe this is a clue.

I’ve pushed out another update (3.140) that should fix it.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

1 Like

B3,140 looks to have solved the issue…just have to connect the MIA units via LAN and update

1 Like

Hello. I have been using RopieeeXL for a couple of months. I have used the beta without trouble. Tonight the unit updated and now ropieee doesn’t show up as a upnp device anymore. I have done many reboots and rebooted my router but it seems that upnp is broken

I thought I’d mention it.

I sent feedback 71932ac94f8e4ac2

Thank you

It is working,thanks a lot,but when i use it with roon, it is not stable,the wifi ssid is shown as unknow. Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 044f63ba47f4402e

Hi @Member_number_9 ,

Thanks for reporting!

New update is out that fixes this.

Thanks very much! I will check it tonight and let you know.

roon cannot handle cm4 very well,roon will stop play after two track or see roon skip the track of playlist again and again,and when setup the device CM4 will lost from roon then find again