The earth's core is spinning again -- how will it affect SQ?

Spotted this story today:

Precisely nothing apocalyptic will result from this planetary spin cycle, which may have been happening for eons.

The writer has clearly never met an audiophile.

14 Likes

Obviously directional interconnection and speaker cables will require being reversed so the electrons can flow.

7 Likes

Please don’t post links that require a subscription…

1 Like

Earth’s Inner Core May Have Started Rotating in the Opposite Direction (msn.com)

2 Likes

Too bad for people with turntables.

4 Likes

Since a couple of days I already noticed the spinning impact. Sounds better!

2 Likes

I guess we’ve missed the best of it though, sometime between 2009 and 2011, when the core was resting. Won’t happen again in another 70 years. Oh well, I wasn’t planning on getting the lifetime subscription any time soon.

2 Likes

That explains all the satanic and demonic messages I have been hearing while playing albums.

3 Likes

Paul is Fred ? Finally those Beatle albums will make sense.

1 Like

I was struck by the description of the Earth’s core as a “heavy, metal ballerina.” Which ballet? And is that comma really necessary?

4 Likes

There literally was a guy on another forum asking what everyone was doing against atmospheric pressure changes

1 Like

Haven’t you heard? Everything matters!!! :rofl:

Everything counts in large amounts.

3 Likes

As a long time migraine sufferer atmospheric pressure changes often result in nasty headaches, for which I take lots of migraine specific drugs. Haven’t noticed any audible effects.

Now this earth core thing is another matter altogether. Will just have to wait for the golden eared audio writers to weigh in. :rofl:

I know it can have effects. The hilarious part is wanting to do anything against the changes :wink:

3 Likes

Neither have I…

3 Likes

What on Earth (Pun intended) will happen to magnetic flux & should we reverse the polarity of mains electricity inputs (Joking, don’t do it, it can be lethal).
Will guitarists need to change their pick-ups for put-downs……OMG disaster looms…:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Hey humanity survived Y2K so I’m quite sure that we can and will survive this :grin:

But Y2K was about computers, this time it’s Mother Earth :flushed:

I blame the Hadron Collider!

3 Likes