The Menu>Browse>Discover button crashing Roon app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Roon Server Software:
Version 1.7 (build 710) stable
Roon Labs Software:
Version 1.0 (build 12) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router:
Google Nest Wifi
Switch:
Linksys 10/100/1000 8port dumb switch
Network Connectivity:
500/500 Fiber connection
Entire house connected via Gig Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PC:
JDS Labs Objective DAC/JDS Labs O2 Amp, via USB, HD650
Stereo:
BlueSound Node2i into Onkyo HT receiver via RCA
House:
Multiple Chromecast devices

Description Of Issue

When running Roon Software on my Fire HD Tab10, my personal laptop (win10, Roon Version 1.7 build 710 stable) and work laptop (win10, Roon Version 1.7 build 710 stable), every time I hit the Discover option under Menu>Browse, it force closes the app. I thought this might have been because I had zero songs within my own personal library, but after ripping the majority of my personal collection (90 albums, 1318 tracks) it is still crashing.

Side note: when using Roon on my Pixel 3XL, Roon app tries to connect, then locks up, crashes… but not so much worried about this at this time.

Hello @Zefal, and welcome to the community! I’d like to collect diagnostics from your account so we can gain some insight into what you’re experiencing.

1. Could you please try to open the discover page one more time on your Windows 10 device and reply here with the date and time you do so?

2. Is this issue happening with any other pages besides the discover page?

Hello @nuwriy,

All times are PST and done today 01/27/21
11:10 open of roon
11:11 going through the various pages EXCEPT Discover (all load successfully)
11:12 click Discover, and app crashes

Hello @Zefal, and thanks for the timestamps! We took a look at the diagnostics and this issue should be resolved soon. While I can’t promise any timelines just yet, we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Hello @nuwriy, Thank you for the help in getting this resolved. That is fine that it might take a while, just looking forward to getting to use it when it does go live for me, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.