The new version of roon you installed requires a database update

This window has been up and Roon icon as been moving for hours now… will not move on from this window. Just uploaded most recent version and purchased today.

Again …window message =The new version of roon you installed requires a database update. This may take longer than usual.

Running Mac OS Sierra version-10.12.6 (16G1114)
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
Processor -2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory -4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

How big is your library? It can take some time to import and update the database especially on a slower machine like a 2011 Mac

2 TB of music… a lot I know… It’s now been 6 hours. Shouldn’t it show files accumulating somewhere? I had Room a couple of years ago and it showed files compiling… This just seems to be stuck. :frowning:

you can probably look at the activity monitor and see what is going on with the roon application … or if its not responding even.

if its not doing something by now then maybe lets ping @support and see if they can assist

1 Like

Hi @Ken_Foster ---- Thank you for the report and sorry to hear of the troubles here. @wizardofoz, thanks for dropping us a flag :+1:

Moving forward, I would like to get a set of your Roon logs over to our tech team for evaluation, Ken. With this in mind may I very kindly ask you to please use the instructions found here and send us over your Roon logs from the device hosting your Roon core.

Many thanks!
-Eric

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issue updating + account warning