The operating system upgrade failed

I was forced to upgrade, even though I was able to play music just fine. When I clicked on upgrade, nothing happened even thought the word “downloading” showed up. I waited 15 minutes and nothing happened. No hourglass, nothing. I shut down my Nucleus plus and restarted. No help. Now I cannot connect to Roon and I cannot play my music.
Please advise.

Have you updated your control devices? If they are still the old versions you won’t be able to connect.

Hi @Rick_Talaske,

Can you please let me know if you are still able to access the Nucleus Web UI, and if so, can you please post a screenshot of that page? Should look something like this:

I clicked on Web UI link you provided and it did not look like the example you provided. It looked like a page of instructions.

How are you supposed to know if a download is progressing or if the system is just hung up? Especially after waiting 15 minutes and nothing changes?

Yes the link provided is to the instructions as to how to access your nucleus webpage. Follow the instructions to do that and post a screenshot of what you see so Norris can take a look.

1 Like

Hi @Rick_Talaske,

As @philr, you can use those instructions to access the WebUI. Please let me know if you are able to access this page and if you are do share a screenshot.

All I see I’d your dancing logo and “Searching for devices”

Hi @Rick_Talaske,

Thanks for confirming the behavior. Since you’re stuck on searching for devices, I don’t believe the Nucleus is accessible on the network. Let’s start with some basic hardware troubleshooting:

1. Is the Nucleus powered on (do you see a faint white glow coming from the power button)?

2. Do the Ethernet lights on the back of the Nucleus flash Yellow/Green?

3. What is your network setup like, can you let me know the model/manufacturer of your gear?

4. Is the Roon Remote/Client used to control the Nucleus connected to the same network? Preferably, if you can connect the client via Ethernet that would be best to ensure that they are on the same network.

I figured things out and am back online. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

This is the third time I have tried to receive a response,
I cannot listen to my music. The only message is “Waiting for Remote Core” Did full reboot many times. Checked cables. This happened last month during family holiday time, and mysteriously started again the next day. Extremely frustrated. Please advise.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Rick_Talaske,

I’ve moved your post back to the previous topic about this issue and have re-opened the topic.

To start, can you share a screenshot of the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t see Nucleus Plus on Network