The return of "TIDAL login failed"

Since the latest 1.3 build, I’m getting “TIDAL login failed” about every two days.
If I then click on edit, my TIDAL account info shows empty.
Sometimes, Roon recovers after a couple of minutes (if I ignore and don’t click on edit).
Roon always starts scanning the library again (which takes forever since it’s on a NAS).

Ask: Is there any way to make the TIDAL exception handling a bit more robust?
E.g., Mailmate has a nice option if the connection to an email server temporarily fails to “try once” or “keep trying” - wich happens periodically, unobtrusively in the background.

I don’t know if the recent troubles are due to a change on the TIDAL end or a code change in the recent 1.3 builds.
Hence if the bug can’t be tracked and fixed in a straightforward way, improving the exception handling as suggested would help in either case.

Thanks!

Moved this to Support for you and lets @support while we are it, but you should probably detail more about your setup as this will be asked for anyway here

Hi @mzbe ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here. Would you mind going into the database on your Core and deleting this file:

Database/Registry/Core/tidal_account

You can find information about where to find your database here. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
-Eric

1 Like

Eric,
thank you - just followed your suggestion after a recurrence of the dreaded error message.
Will report back either way if it helps (or not).
Roon Core is running on Windows Server 2016 (both 64bit) - everything patched up to the lastest greatest.

1 Like

Problem still there with latest build (v1.3 b234 - Core on Windows Server 2016)
What I learned is that if I leave the Tidal login failed message alone for a couple of minutes, Roon will not reset my credentials but eventually recover and work as expected. A library rescan is still triggered whenever this happens.

Hi @mzbe ----- Thank you for touching base and sharing your observation(s) after the most recent update. Very appreciated!

Just wanted to confirm that you have given the proposed test a shot (i.e deleting “tidal_account”). Looking forward to your feedback!

-Eric

Eric,
thank you - I confirm that this is after deleting the tidal account as instructed.

Hi @mzbe ---- Thank you for the confirmation!

Moving forward, can you please provide me with the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup. The more detail you can provide, the better.

2. Please outline your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a good sense of how your device are communicating and the tools you are using to make those connections possible.

3. My assumption is that the answer to this question will be “no”, but can you verify if you are having any issues logging into TIDAL via their application or Web UI?

-Eric

Eric,

1. Current setup: Roon Core on Windows Server 2016 (VM, 13GB RAM, 16 Cores) - running exclusively Roon Core, no other apps. Roon client with recurring TIDAL login error is Macbook Pro Late 2016 (OS X 10.12.6). Local library on Synology NAS, ~500k tracks. All Roon apps latest patch level, same for Windows Server.

2. Shared Wifi 5G network (distance about 10’ between devices) connected to 50Mbit FIOS Internet.

3. No issues ever using TIDAL Web UI, or other TIDAL clients (e.g. Audirvana Plus).

Hi @mzbe ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information.

May I kindly ask you to please expand a bit on the information you’ve provided in response to my second question. I am looking to have a better idea of what the chain of communication looks like across your network and what links (i.e router(s), switches, repeaters, extenders, power line adaptors) make up that chain. Even if you only have a modem + router, I want to know the make and model of those devices :sunglasses:

Furthermore, when the ‘Tidal_Account’ file was deleted, it was from Win Server 2016 device, correct?

-Eric

Eric,

happy to provide more details:
Topology:
(FIOS router) - CAT6 - (Gbit router) - CAT6 - (Asus RT-AC5300 WiFi Router)
(Macbook Pro) - Wifi - (Asus RT-AC5300)
(Asus RT-AC5300) - Wifi - (Asus RT-N66U WiFi Router)
(PC Server) - CAT6 - (Asus RT-N66U)
(Vmware Windows Server 2016 - running Roon) - bridged network - (PC Server) - CAT6 - (Asus RT-N66U)

I deleted the Tidal_Account file from Windows Server, that is correct.

The TIDAL error, disrupting playback, also occurs when I’m listening to local music (not TIDAL)

Hope this helps to illustrate?

Hi @mzbe ---- Apologies for the slow response and thank you for following up with the requested information.

Moving forward, I would like to grab some logs from the remote device (Macbook Pro) that you are noticing this behavior with so our tech team can take a closer look at what could be going on here. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Not able to log into tidal via roon for four days now. Is there any generic advice to handle this?

Hi @Joachim_Herbert ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us!

Moving forward, I would recommend the following (in this order):

1. Try power cycling the device hosting your Roon core

2. Try deleting your TIDAL cache.

If either of those tips do not yield a positive result:

1. With the application not running … would you mind going into the database on your Core and deleting this file:

Database/Registry/Core/tidal_account

If you are unable to locate the ‘tidal_account’ file:

1. Confirm that your TIDAL account is still active, as suggested here.

-Eric