The Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz page refresh issue

Description My Setup

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

• Audiolinux Server, running on Audiolinux, Intel i9 13900 processor, 32GB RAM, 1 HD Samsung SSD 512GB for OS+apps Roon + 2 HD Samsung 4TB SSD for local music
  • Roon version 2.0.1299
  • HQPlayer: HQPlayer Embedded 5.0.1.2

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

• iPad Air Pro – 128GB - running iPadOS 16.2 - Roon version 2.0.1299
  • Samsung S10e – running Android version 12 kernel 4.14.113-25257816 – Roon version 2.0.1299 ‑ Wifi 6
  • PC running Windows 11 Home - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Ram 16GB, Roon version 2.0.1300

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

• Ethernet & Wifi Mesh network built on 3 * Asus Zenwifi XT8
  • Connected to Service Provider modem
  • Speedtest connection speed ethernet 93Mbps download – 18Mbps upload
  • Roon Core connected via ethernet, Remote PC connected via ethernet
  • Mobile Remotes connected via Wifi6

Audio devices in use

• T+A 8 DSD connected to connected via Holo Audio Red USB connected to ethernet
  • Endpoints : 1 * Cambridge Audio CXN v2 , connected via ethernet

Library details

• Local library on separate internal 2*4TB SSD harddisks in Roon Server
  • 35253 tracks (2448 local albums, 1 Qobuz album)

Backup details

• Location 1 : SSD disk in Core Machine - 200GB capacity
  • Location 2 : Synology NAS 10,8 TB capacity
  • Location 3 : USB disk connected to Synology NAS - 7,2 TB capacity

ISSUE
The Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz page is never refreshed, unless I click the refresh button at the top of the screen (or if I stop/start Roon Remote app).

This is happening both on Windows and iPadOS.

Maybe this is intended like this and I should open a feature request?

However, this way of working is very inconvenient, as whatever I do - switching to home page, albums or artist page, … , or even execute a manual synchronization in Settings - Services - Qobuz service, potential changes on the Roon - Qobuz - My Qobuz page are only shown after manual refresh.

I cannot remember it always was like that in previous releases, but I wonder.

Dirk

This is not intended behaviour - so Support will need to take a look. I note that you are using Audiolinux to run your Core.

I have just setup a Roon Core on my laptop running Windows 11.
Did some quick tests and behaviour is exactly the same as on Audiolinux.

Sorry - I think I must have misunderstood you. I thought that you were saying that the Qobuz pages did not display unless you did a manual refresh, but I think you are saying that it’s the My Qobuz page that requires a manual refresh to display your updated Favourites?

If so, then yes, this is intended behaviour, and why the manual refresh button is there. By all means open a Feature Suggestion post if this annoys you, but I suspect it will be pretty far down the list of Roon Labs priorities…

Thanks for the feedback.
Any reason that you can think of why this is implemented this way?
Dirk

Possibly because the Qobuz pages integration may make use of the Qobuz API to generate content, and new content is pulled from Qobuz when the API is called, i.e. on a manual refresh or when the Roon Remote starts up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.