➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

You’ll eat those words when the Yanks win the Series this year. :wink:

Australia '76 reissue of this classic.

2 Likes

Gimme Three Steps currently rolling and then I’m cranking it up a bit more for Simple Man.

This is a NM '75 German repress of the album and it is sounding glorious.

I saw this band mentioned a few days ago on the thread linked below, started by our friend @7NoteScale, and it prompted me to dig it out and spin it on the TT:

If you love Blues and Blues-Rock, there are an amazing amount of good recommendations on there.

5 Likes

Yep, great album.

1 Like

Gimme Three Steps was a true story like most of van Zandt’s writing. I often (still do) ponder(ed) why he said that his mother referred to him as “my only son” in Simple Man, when he had, in fact, his younger brother.

(@ElTel You likely got your McIntosh integrated amp at a great time. McIntosh Group has been acquired by Highlander Partners, a Dallas-based private investment firm that manages over $2 billion in assets.

Highlander Partners announced the news today, describing the acquisition as the basis for its new “luxury technology platform”.

McIntosh Group is the parent company of McIntosh and Sonus Faber. It also distributes products for Pro-ject and Rotel, supplies high-end in-car audio solutions to the likes of Jeep and Maserati and also owns high-end distributors Sumiko and Fine Sounds UK, and Fine Sounds Benelux.)

1 Like

Not if the Yankees can’t beat the Astros, who at the moment totally own the Yankees. Now that I made a bet with some friends that Judge will not win the MVP, which, unless Ohtani gets injured, is going to Ohtani, Judge seems to be finally waking up from his month long slumber and going on a very hot streak. All I can say is Judge will owe me $40. I never, ever win a bet. I you definitely want something to happen, just convince me to bet against it happening, 100% guaranteed! :laughing:

Astros, bunch of cheaters. Hate ‘em. :angry:

1 Like

Not to double up on posts: Some hard to find jazz LPs

Beautiful package. Very nice remastered. Sounds great.

7 Likes

Just got these two from a Quebec presser, Return to Analog.

Number 57 out of a 2nd pressing of 500 -

Number 47 out of 2nd pressing of 500 -

The Hakim LP was recorded in ‘73. The Monk LP in ‘61. So, they were, by necessity, originally analog. Don’t know what happened after that. Considering the presser’s name, one might expect all analog, but I doubt it. Really cheap buys, even considering the difference between $US and $CDN.

Anyone familiar with this company?

Doesn’t really matter. Still sound good. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks new label for me, prices are good shipping is brutal.

1 Like

I didn’t buy direct from the presser. I bought from DustyGroove website. They ship from Chicago. For the package with these two LPs and a third LP, shipping was around $5, but the LP price was slightly higher.

Hope this helps.

@huang, it occurs to me you might be looking at the prices and shipping in $CDN. I just ordered 4 LPs and the shipping in $US was only $20.

You may be right I hope it was CDN.

Sublime, amazing or, as they would say in the world of cycling, beyond category:

Once you go down the all analog rabbit hole it’s tough to climb out. This one is one of those MCA Heavy Vinyl reissues from a while back. I believe that it’s all analog but who knows, sounds wonderful regardless.

9 Likes

I have both of those.
Abraxas is just stunning.
A true Audiophool test piece.

4 Likes

Abraxas in DSD sounds absolutely sublime, a really great recording.

1 Like

GoGo Penguin - self-titled - limited edition - clear vinyl - signed

7 Likes

Spacemen 3 :wine_glass: cheers

6 Likes

A sunny, Winter Sunday morning here in rural Victoria. Beautiful blue skies, but single digit temperatures. It’s time for steaming mugs of tea with hot, buttered toast to accompany watching the chickens scratch around in the back garden and listening to some great pressings on the TT. Here is the selection to take us through to the middle of the afternoon:

13 Likes

Toto Bona Lokua
Great lightweight african jazz for Summer-listening. Small arrangements, beautiful harmonies.

4 Likes