➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

It’s a hobby…I think we need to remember this. We all have our own way of enjoying it. No right or wrong :grinning:

5 Likes

Excellent! I still have my original vinyl tucked away in the music cupboard.
Ten years ago, one of my long time friends produced a hand drawn copy of the album cover as a birthday gift to me. He is not a professional artist, just a very talented hobbyist. He told me it
took him around 30 hours due to the intricate patterns on the album cover.
I was very humbled that he took the time to create it :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Looks great! :+1:

Which suggests you were wiser, younger than me.

Which is obviously a valid stance. I care some because there’s a balance to be found regarding where money and resources are deployed. Every re-master or re-pressing means money spent recycling content that could have been spent on original content by active artists. It feels to me that the industry prioritizes monetizing the past over developing the future.

2 Likes

You are on the front seat, you are the driver. So it is you who decides. That is what matters to me. I am not into buying any new remaster, just because it is released. Some common sense can be involved in making decisions. In my case it works like this: If I Ihappen to know a good record Company (for instance the German label Stockfisch) I might buy a Vinyl release, as I have done with Chris Jones - Roadhouse & automobiles, which is a Double 45 rpm release. I paid 35 Euros for it. And it sounds superb.

1 Like

Oh, don’t get me started on this! :smiley:
Let’s just say that this is way to subjective to be discussed over anything other than a few beers!

Okay, I’m in. You’re buying :beer: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

With tickets prices in the 4 digits (aka $1000 and up) for fossils like Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney do you really blame them? Grandpa rock rules!!

True enough, and it may be that the profits from the money spent on retro-catalogues can be invested developing new talent further down the line. Economic cause and effect are always simpler on paper than IRL. I suspect lack of access to skilled/experienced engineers and resource scarcity, in general, are most keenly felt.

Let’s go for a first pressing record from 1989. Still with me, love it.

11 Likes

This album is a good match today, it’s very hot here and every step seems to much.

5 Likes

Death Cab For Cutie - Codes and Keys. Not for everyone, the „squirrel voice“ of the singer, but the music and the sound quality of the record is excellent.

6 Likes

Continuing with Los Lobos, one of America’s greatest rock bands:

6 Likes

Now spinning Radiohead‘s „The King of Limbs“ limited double clear 10“ vinyl, including newspaper. Hasn’t been played for a long time… Really enjoying it.

A good weekend to everyone!

9 Likes

Well I have nothing to play it on (yet) but after a several month wait, my first Vinyl purchase in about 26 years has turned up. It is my favorite album of this millennium (so far), so it seems reasonable to own it on CD, 24/96 and now Vinyl :grin:

Hopefully will pick up some more to go with my early to mid 80s collection.

7 Likes

Not a bad choice for your first in 26 years debut!

3 Likes

It’s a great choice for me I think, as besides chocolate chip trip, every song is really good.

CCT is more of a technical demo

4 Likes

I might have to break down and buy it myself.
I was looking at a few online but were mostly limited special editions with big price tags

3 Likes

…. and so it begins again

Looking forward to news of your TT arrival. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It won’t happen until after I retire and make space to have a TT (nowhere for it at the moment).
But retirement is 13 months away, so it’s getting closer.

2 Likes