➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

I have tried that with the wife by showing her some of the Discogs values etc.

All I get in response…“when you die they are all going to Goodwill”.

I better make sure I don’t die first😁

Fortunately my daughter has more sense and will keep and appreciate my collection.

5 Likes

Which Goodwill is closest to where you live?

8 Likes

I tried to point out the ones worth a lot of money to the lass. She glazed over.

1 Like

Oh snap! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Some records can get insanely expensive. I’ve got a copy of Megadeth’s Youthanasia with a fully signed tour book. There’s one on Discogs selling for £1500 :scream:

2 Likes

Lmao…good one!

1 Like

I’m a very practical Aberdonian.

1 Like

You may pick up a reel to reel and several cassette decks too….

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a no brainer to acquire really nice limited edition box sets.

They are only going one way financially and aesthetically they are sublime.

And if they sound better it’s a bonus :innocent:

2 Likes

Maybe a few wax cylinders too if lucky.

1 Like

Have anyone ever bought more than one copy (just vinyl) of a favourite - just in case it wears out?

Yes but out of stupidity. I had three never mind the bollocks when I sorted them all out.
In fact I still have more than one because they keep doing remastered anniversary ones!

1 Like

We’ve all done that!
I was thinking more of a - just in case scenario.

1 Like

I have purchased a few different variants of an album. But that’s because they were released by different labels, have different mastering engineers or came in different colours. I only do this for albums I really really like.

Queensryche’s Operation Mindcrime which is one of the best heavy metal albums of all time in my opinion, I have 4 different pressings. First pressings from the US, UK, EU and the newly remastered 2021 EU version.

1 Like

Not a just in case but I bought two copies of Mother Love Bone box set so I could keep one sealed and the other to play.

1 Like

This is shangri la… :heart:

1 Like

I wish I had bought two ov the Beatles and stones mono box sets. I would be selling the spare ones now!

2 Likes

At least you have a copy of the mono.

First thing I noticed in your photo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes she gives me odd looks when I fit the mono stylus to play them though.
I have the kinks too, great set.
I don’t like the early stereo mixes especially if the Beatles. It’s like they just sliced a tape in half.

1 Like

Have you tried playing them with a regular stereo cartridge?

I actually thought they sounded better that way, my mono Cart has been semi retired for a while now.

1 Like

Yes I have tried both. I’m not sure it makes much difference and they are both in the same audio technica range but I guess if they are mono….