➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

Going to PM you my address for delivery :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Santa told me you were near the top of his naughty list I’m afraid :grin:.

But seriously it should be a real nice set.
I have Bob Dylan complete mono box set, 10 records I think and I was very impressed.

2 Likes

Apparently this bit is true, the wife has told me more than once this year I won’t get any Christmas presents as I keep buying everything.
I told her there are plenty of things to buy still :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The first LP I ever bought. Hallmark Card store circa 1964.

Damn spoil sport.

3 Likes

I have the stones mono box from a few years ago. Far better than the stereo mixes.

4 Likes

You haven’t mentioned this before :joy:
I almost wrote that there was no need for you to look.

2 Likes

It’s not often that I’m ahead of the curve!

2 Likes

8 Likes

A little Bennie Wallace for happy hour:

This record/recording sounds just incredible. Tremendous presence with warm and deep bass and crisp drums.

Here’s the recording information, all state of art at the time its release:

4 Likes

It’s a bit bruised and battered, but still plays fine. Check out the triple gatefold sleeve :sunglasses: :laughing:

8 Likes

I forgot I still had this. A nice listen earlier today.

10 Likes

I have that album. Although the cover is in Mint condition as I only every played it a couple of times.

1 Like

I played that album quite a lot in my early teens. In truth, I think the cover was damaged when I bought the album from a local ‘second hand’ store. I would guess that it cost me less than £2.
I sat through the whole thing yesterday, probably for the first time in 40+ years. Where does the time go!

Preparing for the upcoming NRBQ show this Saturday in Piermont, NY. Please don’t ask me how many times I’ve seen Terry and the boys; I lost count sometime back in the 1980s :rofl:

For those of you who ae unfamiliar with the Q, this recording, as well as many of the Q’s other recordings, is available on Tidal and Qobuz:

5 Likes

Nrbq at Yankee stadium is my fav.

1 Like

I used to love the Q at the Shaboo Inn in CT!

1 Like

Ah, the Shaboo. Forgot all about that. Long time ago.

A nice surprise, I found a download code had fallen out of the Prefab Sprout album, and thought it likely to be an mp3 download.
When I checked there was the option for MP3 and Wav files as well.
I already have it on CD, but I like that and it is the first Vinyl that I have bought that as come with a code.

2 Likes

Companion - The second day of spring.

4 Likes

Luckily her music is👌

Sophie Zelmani.

5 Likes