➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

12 Likes

5 Likes

I have almost no Various Artist vinyl, but I kept these as they feature so many tracks from band’s I still :heart: to this day. They are being played back to back now :grin:

4 Likes

I have a few k-tel albums from my youth. I think they are the only various artist vinyl I own.

3 Likes

K-tel, now that’s a blast from the past.

4 Likes

@MamaTried @Johnny_Maelstrom @Michael_Harris
Bought from Woolworths to complete the nostalgia?

5 Likes

Ha ha mine both came from Woolworths in the UK :rofl:

4 Likes

Watching Japan v Costa Rica on mute so thought this might be appropriate to play.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Imagine a guillotine coming down and cutting the head in half. What a horrible way to die.
Auto correct was trying so hard to put in guillemot

3 Likes

I shared the digital version of this album because what I’m actually listening to is a test pressing from way back in 1976 and the test pressing only has a plain white cardboard jacket. Sounds absolutely fantastic, oh and the music ain’t bad :rofl:

3 Likes

From the Various Artists department comes this 1984 gem produced by Hal Willner, who produced quite a few really good tribute albums in the early 1980s.

5 Likes

pulled out the wrong LP for a first spin, but I ain’t even mad.

12 Likes

Never seen anyone else post Love & Money before (that I can remember anyway) - absolutely love that album, and their 2005 effort Dogs in the Traffic. From the town of my birth. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

Your system looks terrific, I love it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

it’s a great album. I bought it on CD at the time, found an LP a few years ago. they’re a fine example of a band that should have had more success.

2 Likes

Strauss on a Fender? warum nicht?

6 Likes

Wife bought me an early Christmas present. Should be a nice night of great interpretations.

https://www.liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/contemporary-music/butler-blake-and-grant/4476

2 Likes

That sounds like a fantastic evening’s entertainment - enjoy!!

1 Like

4 Likes