➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open)

Compared to normal folk I have a huge collection (about 5,000 albums) but here I am a mere trainee. It’s good to be that way and I get so many good recommendations from these threads.

In the time I have added the 30 vinyl I have probably added 100 CDs and digital downloads.

What can I say I :heart: owning music and supporting artists :+1:

4 Likes

You mean the abnormal people who don’t enjoy owning and listening to music.

2 Likes

Remember these:

First protective record sleeves I remember buying. Good quality and for a very good price, in other words, no audiophile markup.
Note the record in the sleeve. Probably my first album to get a protective sleeve.

3 Likes

Bought again on eBay after 40+ years :flushed:

5 Likes

I remember seeing Adam and his Ants in a dive bar in Nottingham.
They were terrible live :joy:

6 Likes

They were often terrible on record as well, but what can you do :rofl:

3 Likes

Just larf along with them.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What can you do about teenage memories.
Now this album still sounds wonderful :+1:

4 Likes

Picked this up last night at a record store here…has the duet with Chrissie Hynde on it, I Got You Babe.
Worth it for that alone.

4 Likes

Not all my records come from the analog era. Here’s a more recent purchase, recent that is for me, which was probably made from a digital recording. Oh well, you can’t win them all.

6 Likes

Now that is a a good modern album to own on vinyl
Such an excellent album :+1:

The bass on the vinyl is superior to the digital issues. Plus I got plenty of exercise while listening to the vinyl since I had to get up and flip or change the record every 15 minutes or so. :grin:

Vinyl: good, and quite often great, sound but not very convenient.

1 Like

I have this an old MP3 and on CD as well, but I could see myself buying it on Vinyl as well.

Heading upstairs in a few minutes to finish playing the Billy Ocean vinyl before bed. Feels wrong to leave it unfinished :grin:

I don’t remember where or when I bought the vinyl copy of “The Crane Wife” but I can tell you that it is a very high quality pressing - almost no surface noise and spread across two heavy weight LPs. Well worth looking for.

1 Like

So derivative as to be a pastiche, but I had forgotten how much fun it is!

4 Likes

Havent heard that one at all actually, but i do have Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts on vinyl.

Playing: Macy Gray - Stripped.

6 Likes

I am a big fan of hers but she ranks as the single worst live performance I’ve ever seen live.

Between it being the venue’s first concert (Pacbell Park had just been built)
Them allowing no pre concert soundcheck, no clue why
And her showing up staggering drunk, yup worst show I’ve ever seen.
They did manage to dial in the sound by the headline act.

1 Like

SYML The day my father died.

Melancholic mood.

8 Likes

New arrival’s

Ane Brun - Portrayals
SYML - Scared places

5 Likes