"There is an error checking for an update" when trying to update Roon to build 806

Roon Core Machine

MacOS High Sierra latest version 10.13.6
iMac 27" mid 2010

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Rogers is my carrier. Rogers WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet connect to Boulder866

Library Size

Description of Issue

When I click on About Room it performs a download of the latest release and tries to install it on my iMac but the installation Fails. I have it set to automatically receive downloads. I tried other options to ask if I want to install the new release but each time it does the same thing and fails after downloading while trying to install the new release. The specific error message I receive is There is an error checking for an update. Please advise how I can at least manually install the new Summer 2021 release and future releases. Thank you

Hey @Harley_Rodin and welcome to the Roon community :wave:

Sorry about the trouble in updating your Core :sweat:

Could you please reboot your Core first (turn off, unplug for a couple of minutes, plug back in and turn on) and try again Settings → About?

Otherwise, you can always download the new installer from our website:

Hey @Harley_Rodin,

It’s been quite some time since this thread was created. I wanted to follow up to see if there’s anything we can do now :nerd_face:

Hi Rebeka,
Thank you for checking in with me. Your instructions worked perfectly. I have the Summer release installed on my iMac.
Thank you

1 Like