small green computer sonic transporter i5
ultrarendu

Networking Gear & Setup Details

a switch with wired internet connection

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

i guess about 10000 tracks

Description of Issue

when I try to start up roon on either my ipad or computer I get error message saying “there was an error loading your database”. I don’t know what to do. I searched but cannot figure out how to fix this on my own.

Your Roon library is toast. If you have Backups, now is the time to Restore one.

I don’t have backup but I honestly don’t mind just starting fresh. I have no idea how to even do this though? I have a sonic transporter from small green computer. If anyone can help I would really be relieved.

Delete the Roon library. It only exists on your Core machine. Its location is documented here.

After the library is deleted, then start up Roon and a new library will be created.

You should take Backups in order to preserve any curation (i.e. tags, playlists, etc.) that you might do.

Edit:
I’m not sure how to delete Roon’s library on a SGC machine. If an SGC machine has a Web Administration page, then go there and reset the database. If not, then @agillis at SGC can help.

If you do have a Web Admin. page, it will look something like this -

thanks so much, I wrote him

All the information on how to use the sonicTransporter is on sonicorbiter.com. In this case how to reinstall Roon is in the sonicorbiter.com FAQ in the section " Roon can’t find my player or I have other issues with Roon"

1 Like

Hi @William_Cooper

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having loading the Roon database. Typically, problems loading the database mean that it may have been corrupted at some point. We have more information about what can cause corruption and steps that you can take to recover your database here:

If you’re having any issues after following the recovery steps above, please let me know!

As an aside, right now our team is working on some changes that will help our customers detect corruption when it’s happening. If you don’t mind, I’m hoping you could take two minutes to send us your corrupt database. That way our team can analyze the type of corruption and prevent similar cases in the future.

Here’s how you can help:

1. Follow the recovery steps above
  2. Zip up your Roon_OLD or RoonServer_OLD folder (right-click it and select “Compress…”):
  3. Sumbit the .zip file to us through our Database Corruption Issues portal

Your participation will go a long way in helping our team improve corruption detection, so we’d greatly appreciate your help. :pray:

2 Likes

Andrew, than you so so much for getting back to me so quickly. I followed the FAQ directions and back up and running.

I would recommend small green computer products to anyone I can! Been very happy and support was very quick!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.