"There was an issue loading your database" after upgrading to the most recent patch today

Roon Core Machine

Barebones built in 2017
i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHz 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear (R8000-100NAS) Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router, Gigabit Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’ve been running the current version without problems - including all morning today. I noticed there was an update pending. I clicked to install. Roon was loading my database and now I get a big white screen there telling me

“There was an issue loading your Database”

and not to worry…

Hey @Jon_Poletti,

Thanks for getting in touch about this right away, and for your patience while the work week rolled around and we returned to the office.

I’m so sorry you’ve ran into this error - it generally points to corruption. We explain why this might happen and what to do here:

I hope these steps will fix it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

These steps didn’t fix it. I tried to restore from previous versions and all of them are corrupt.

Everything was working fine before I installed the latest patch.

5 years of data has been lost.

I installed the latest version and reimported my files. I’m going to backup and restore that and see it is corrupt too.

Hey @Jon_Poletti,

Thanks so much for trying the steps outlined in the linked article above - I am so sorry that the final step couldn’t successfully be completed… :pensive:

We’re grateful to see you’re not giving up and that you are able to give it one more try :pray: