This album is taking longer than normal. Roon will keep trying in the background

I can no longer add albums directly to my Roon library through the Roon App on my iPad (all devices running latest software updates). I am using Qobuz sublime+ service to browse and add albums from various artists but it stopped working for at least a week or morenow. The only way I am able to bypass the issue is favorite the album in the Qobuz app, load my Qobuz favorites through the Roon App, and then add the album through to the library. Previously I could just add the album directly in the Roon app. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you done any troubleshooting such as rebooting everything?

Hi @Ben_Moree,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Here is my setup:
Network configuration - Motorola MB8600 modem w/1GB fiber via ethernet to a Netgear XR700 wifi router. A Netgear S8000 switch is also connected via ethernet cable to a port on the wifi router.

Audio configuration - A Roon Nucleus+ and a BlueSound Node 2i are connected to the S8000 switch via ethernet cable. The Node 2i is essentially acting as a passthrough device and sending the signal over coax to a McIntosh D1000 DAC which feeds into the rest of the audio system.

I am using a iPad to control the devices and select the music that I want to listen to for a session. All devices/apps have the latest updates.

Please let me know if there are anymore questions.

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Moree,

Thanks for those additional details! Can I please ask for a screenshot of your Nucleus’ Web UI? I would like to check to see if there are any errors.

Just to confirm, have you rebooted your Nucleus and Networking Gear yet? Was there any change in behavior if you reboot?

Looks like all I needed to do was reboot the Nucleus+ to resolve the issue. After restarting things are back to normal. I’m not sure what caused the original issue but I am glad it is resolved. I didn’t think to do it previously as the system was working fine and I couldn’t recall any recent updates. Thanks to all for the suggestions. Now I can get back to adding more albums and listening to my collection.

1 Like

Glad to hear the reboot sorted the issue out @Ben_Moree!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.