This is not a real trial

I did the exact same thing as Lorenzo… I wanna try Roon, while installing Roon I cancelled expecting to try it for 14 days and you took away the trial … what gives that’s not a trial what so ever.

Please you would like to try it but my account says I have to pay you upfront… what happened to 9.99 a month option.

$9.99/mo, billed annually. There has never been a monthly option.
A previous post in this thread gives you contact information at Roon if you’d like to start the trial again .
Since you are a new member you may not be able to message her directly so I’ll notify her now. @beka

Roon, like much software, is a complex beast , 14 days trial will hardly scratch the surface. Sometimes Roon can be persuaded to extend that 15 days and some hardware suppliers offer 60 days or the like on purchase of say an Audioquest Dragonfly Red in my case.

Still 60 days is a bit short. I did the One Year trial , i.e. I paid for a years subscription.

If you want a real decider test then “Run Roon for a Year then Try To Give Up”

Just my 2p

3 Likes

there is still a 30 day full refund available too…not sure if that starts at the trial end or beginning.

Exactly, so up to a 44 day trial for free, or a 378 day trial for $99, lol. I don’t follow the “I need more than XX days to test it” comments either, to me it was pretty clear it works as advertised after about 20 mins!

1 Like

Most people cancel in advance, believe or not they just try anything free.

Oh I think there can be very good reasons, not to do with Roon, for why you’d choose to cancel and then want to try again later. I know I did. When I previously tried Roon it became very apparent that trying to use Roon with a service like Tidal over sub-standard ADSL and less than perfect internal wifi & ethernet over powerline, and relying on Airplay and an old Slimp3 was not going to fly and get enough worthwhile out of it.

I’ve now got relatively good VDSL, had ethernet cabling installed, invested in new endpoints, hooked up additional zone speakers and spent two weeks testing them all out and making sure I was happy with the solution. I’ve now subscribed.

3 Likes

Hey @Josh_Spurgeon,

Thanks for giving Roon a try! As @grossmsj said (thanks so much for tagging me!), Roon would come down to $9.99/month and we can only bill it yearly ($119.88) or process a one time charge ($699.99) for a lifetime subscription.

We’d be happy to get your free trial re-started so you can explore Roon and see if it works for you.

Please, just let me know,
Rebeka

1 Like

There is now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Let’s see what kind of complaints that will generate. :laughing:

3 Likes

For a 30 percent upcharge, I think I would pay annual. Maybe do one month at $12.99, then switch to annual for $120 once you’re sure.

silly jim… you have a lifetime :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yep. That’s why I said “would,” not “will.”

Speaking of which, I wonder if something is getting ready to happen to lifetime? Seems like Thanksgiving is when stuff happens.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that. I’m just saying what I would do if I didn’t already have lifetime. To save that much, I would pay annual. That is, after I had used Roon long enough to know I want to keep it. Where else can I make a 30 percent return on my money?

You mean buy a few months more at $12.99 per month.

There are enough options now, everyone should be happy.

2 Likes

But you just KNOW they won’t be…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: I sent a message to RoonLabs. They don’t answer to me

I have often done trials, and had them end when I pressed cancel. There is nothing uncommon about doing it that way, and it’s a perfectly logical way of doing it. In fact, IMHO, it’s illogical to do it any other way.