"This performer was not found"

Hi,

I have been increasingly getting “This performer was not found” when clicking on an artist. I can see all the albums (Overview screen) and can search on the artist but they don’t show up as a performer or composer. Albums show up but when I click on the Artist I get a blank page 'This performer was not found". These albums are not new - I ripped them a few years ago when Roon first came out. Have rebooted the core, the NAS and remotes. Please advise.

Core = MacMini
NAS = QNAP (TS-251 8gb memory)
Remotes = iPad & iPhone

Hello @Robin,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Can you please specify exactly which performer you notice this issue with? Is this affecting TIDAL performers only or both local and TIDAL performers?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi,
I don’t subscribe to Tidal. So far this has happened to Louis Armstrong and Wynton Marsalis. Files on the server are all there. I rip everything AIFF.

Thank you for confirming that for me @Robin. I have tired to search for these artists on my end but they show up as expected. Moving forward I would like to do the following:

• Please try to reproduce this issue once more
  • Note the exact local time in your country (ex. 8:52PM) that you are shown that “This performer was not found” screen
  • After receiving this information I will then go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis
  • If you are able to provide multiple timestamps for each performer, we can take a look surrounding those times for strange behavior

Please let me know this information when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

I am able to search but don;t get a top Result.
Try clicking on an album by that artist - then the artist. Just did it-now. It’s working for Marsalis but not Armstrong

Time = 7:11pm PST I am able to search on Louis Armstrong but don’t get a “Top Result”.
Tried clicking on an album by that artist fine. 7:12pm PST clicked on Artist received “This performer was not found”

Hi @Robin ---- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information! Both are greatly appreciated!

Now that we have a sense of when the error occurred we will go ahead and enable diagnostics on your account. What this action will do is the next time Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers for review.

We will confirm when the report has arrived so you that we have received it. Thanks!

-Eric

update: The mentioned diagnostics report has reached our servers.

Hello @Robin,

I have just received the analysis report back from the QA team regarding your case. They have indeed noticed some strange behavior, it appears that the artist Louis Armstrong is attached to two artists IDs in your database, can you please let me know if you have made any merges or edits previously for Louis Armstrong?

Thanks,
Noris

I had a few “unidentified” Louis Armstrong cd’s so I tried to identify them . I noticed the multiple artists - this also happened with Wynton Marsalis but now seems to be fixed.

I’m getting it too. Just started today with my Aphex Twin collection. Kind of sucks

Hi, I was just about to embark getting the lifetime package for Roon until I discovered this. I recently get the “This performer was not found” error when I click on the artist Aphex Twin. I don’t know what others are affected but this is somewhat concerning. Please assist.

flagging @support

Hey @Shon_Ellerton – we’re looking into this issue and we’re 99% sure we know what the problem us.

We have some staff out for the holidays, but look for this to be resolved shortly after the new year.

In the meantime, you might try selecting any Aphex albums in your library, clicking Edit, and then selecting “Re-Identify”.

That may work for the moment @Shon_Ellerton – thanks for your patience here!

1 Like