"This track is not currently available" TIDAL error message

Yes I’ve noticed that too.

I’ve another theory for a plot. Maybe this issue is the beginning of tidal running out of money, which causes their infrastructure getting worse.

I use Tidal/Roon every day. I’ve never had this issue so far. Hope this won’t change…

Recently I have also had my radio stations stop playing. Has anyone else had this too?

It’s been a while since I last chimed in, but I have been working with Roon over the last few weeks to zero in on the issue and wanted to share some of my very positive experiences. Specifically, I implemented two solutions that helped significantly reduce the number of errors I received.

• First, Roon suggested I switch my DNS settings to Google DNS. Having lived with these settings for about two weeks now, I can confidently say that I have had a SIGNIFICANT decrease in errors. I would say that I was experiencing the error about 50% of the time before, sometimes more depending on the time of day and if it was a weekend. Now it is about 5% - 10%, regardless of timing. I’ll continue to monitor and let this thread know if anything changes, positively or negatively.

• Second, on Roon’s recommendation again, I moved my DAC (DS Junior) and the SonicTransporter (i5) to the router (from the switch) one week after changing to Google DNS. That configuration also resulted in very few errors – maybe even zero – but I must admit that I only had them in that configuration for a short time because the sound quality was definitely way worse. Everything is back on the switch, including three Ubiquiti wifi access points, but with the new Google DNS settings things are much, much better.

It would be great to hear if anyone else has had success following Roon’s recommendations, and if anyone has tried anything else that has helped. I know there’s been a lot of grumbling, but I am thankful for Roon’s support and their continued attention to the issue, and I am open to trying any other options.

For now, however, Roon is again a pleasure to use, and the errors are very few and far between. I hope others have a similar result with the solutions listed above.

Mark

Hello Mark,
thanks for sharing.
So for DNS settings. It’s not possible to change the dns for my router, so I’ve put the rock server von static ip and gave him 8.8.8.8 sadly it is not possible to give a second dns via the web interface of rock.
Is this the right place for google dns or do I have to change it on another device to?
I know it would be best practice to change it on the router, but as said not possible.

for the second, this not possible in my configuration otherwise I’ve to sit in the basement.

Martin

It should be on your router – and it should be possible – but I am totally unqualified to give any networking advice. I had to dig through various forums to find directions on how to do it on my Verizon router, as the advanced settings were buried pretty deep. Perhaps if you share your router model, others on this thread can hopefully direct you with greater accuracy and confidence that I can.

I changed to Google DNS not much change for me. Using switch or not makes no difference.

I’ve been on Google DNS the entire time.

moved my DAC (DS Junior) and the SonicTransporter (i5) to the router (from the switch)

Could you explain what you mean by this?

I changed to Google DNS about 12 months ago and have had very few Tidal issues since then. I think it can help in some cases, but one of the problematic things about network issues is that there are sometimes multiple sufficient causes.

you can add other DNS entries in the ROCK admin page… just use a space between addresses - I use 3 on mine…one is my gateway/router address and 2 others prodded by my ISP, but googles fee DNS’s are ok too…another Google one is 8.8.4.4

I originally had the DAC and music server – along with 3 wifi access points (ubiquiti) – all connected to the same switch (Cisco ToughSwitch), which was connected to the router. Roon support suggested I try moving the DAC and server to empty ports on the router, and leaving the access points connected to the switch.

I just wanted to throw this in here because it might be helpful. I recently had an issue where Roon was telling me that a file from my NAS was loading slowly, but it was apparently the end point pushing back and slowing things down. I had seen an error or two using TIDAL shortly before that, but I can’t say that they were related.

Either way, perhaps this is something nobody has yet looked into that might be worth thinking about. Here’s a bit more detail: “FILE LOADING SLOWLY” message constantly

Unfortunately I now add my name to this thread as had issues with Roon and Tidal last night.
When moving to another track on an album or a playlist it just stopped playing .
Also when starting to play an album it sometimes took around 20 seconds for the music to start playing.
I was using the USB input too so even more worrying for me. It especially did not like long playlists, for eg a Tidal playlist had around 90 tracks. I hit shuffle play as I usually do and the tracks took ages to start. Some even stopped.
I have restarted my router and Core last night so i will see how things go today.
For me this is a huge disappointment as i am trialing Roon and I love the interface and user experience, but last night was so bad I could not listen to music.

Until the last software update, the first track skip was happening constantly with my study rig and very often with my den rig (rigs listed below). This was after many SonicTransporter and wifi reboots and a couple Roon software updates.

However, since installing build 306 - looks like 12 days ago - I have not experienced this problem. Not once. I figured Roon had fixed it in 306 even though it was not mentioned in the Release Notes until I saw further activity in this thread. No other changes were made in my system except for adding some Tidal albums.

Currently, the only problems I’m having are videos not playing while Roon is up on the same PC and the Windows 10 display issue (as a workaround, I’ve enlarged the window to just less than maximized so it remains visible).

Sorry I’m no help other than to say there is hope…

Study: Roon controller (SB6183-Cat7-Orbi-Cat7-PCWindows7) * Roon System (Orbi-Cat7-Sonictransporter i5-WWStarlight7-usb3.0 library) * Bryston bdp-1 (ST5-Cat7) * Bryston bda-1 (BNC) * Rogue Cronus Magnum ii * PSA Dectet * MIT Shotgun3 ic&sc * Sennheiser HD600 / LSA-1 Statement

Den: Roon Controller (OrbiWifi-Windows10 laptop) * Sonore UltraRendu (Orbi-Cat7, LPS-1ps) * Wireworld Plat7 * isoRegen (LPS-1) * Lush usb * Chord QuteEX (Pardo ps) * Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Parks Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio p3 * MIT Shotgun3 * Bottlehead Crack * DT-990(600) * Polk SDA SRS 1.2 (mods, Dreadnought)

For what it’s worth, I have not experienced this problem much this past week. Perhaps not at all. I know we played music for hours and hours this weekend and didn’t experience the problem. Mayyyybe it happened one time while I wasn’t at my computer. playback skipped to the next track for some reason, but by the time I walked over to my computer (Roon remote), I couldn’t see the error message> Maybe it came and went. The only issue I did experience this last week was Random Popping Sounds (Random popping noises on Tidal tracks) during a few tracks, but when I listened to those same tracks later in the day, there was no problem. I am engaged on that issue in a separate thread.

I think Roon needs to build in some rudimentary troubleshooting capabilities for streaming services. In other words, History shouldn’t just tell us what song was played and what % complete. It should state the action or event that ended the song - i.e. the error message, “next” click, or just went on to next song naturally…

2 Likes

I am happy to report (knock on wood!) that I did not encounter this use this past weekend. Not even once.

I have not experienced this problem much

Now that you mention it, me neither. Let’s hope it sticks.