This track is not currently available - when playing a Tidal track

Just pitching in here. I’m having very similar issues, if not exactly the same. I can provide more details about my setup on request (and feel free to split this post up in a separate thread if needed).

Every once in a while (didn’t put much effort in finding a common denominator), I get the dreaded “This track is not currently available” when playing a Tidal track - sometimes even just after playing that same track from Tidal! Easily solved by another attempt to play back the track, but the issue shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Overall I find that Roon’s response time to start playing tracks from Tidal is rather slow. Or going to the previous/next track for that matter. Tidal’s app seems to be much better at this.

I doubt it’s got anything to do with my network. I’ve experienced it in both fully managed and unmanaged network topologies. Everything is wired with 1Gbps cat6 ethernet. My ISP speed averages out at around 600 - 900 Mbps any given time of the day, so that’s probably not it either.

My DAC is plugged in directly to the Nucleus+. Surely powerful enough. DSP is disabled completely. No Roon endpoint involved. Only a remote.

1 Like

It reads eerily similar to my issues.

But I had to rule out general Tidal issues - so I setup Roon Server on the iMac, plugged into the same switch as the sonicTransporter i7 and the iMac had no issues with Roon playing Tidal.

Without this test, general Tidal services issues can be a factor, independent of your broadband connection speeds.

Just so that you get the proper support, I’ll ask @Carl if he can move your post out of the SGC section and into the Nucleus section.

That’s now done and also tagged @support.

1 Like

Hey @Nepherte,

Thanks for sharing your report with us!

So we can better understand what may be happening here, may I ask that you please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

So we can gain some additional insight here, please verify the following:

  • Just to confirm, this occurs only with TIDAL tracks, correct?
  • How often would you say this behavior occurs? Are there any patterns that you’ve noticed? Specific content or certain times of day?

Let’s try clearing your TIDAL cache and see if there is any improvement here. Please see the steps below:

  1. Create a backup of Roon
  2. Shutdown your Roon Core
  3. Find and open your Roon database
  4. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  5. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  6. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal


1 Like

Hey @dylan,

Please find below the requested information. I appreciate you looking into this, while I upgrade to the newly released B339 and clear the cache of the Roon Core. I will get back to you if that didn’t resolve the issue.

Describe The Issue

See initial post for the general issue.

I can confirm it only occurs with Tidal tracks, not with tracks stored on the NAS. Also note that this does not occur with the native Tidal app.

Something I’ve noticed is that if it occurs for a certain Tidal track, it will very likely occur again in the future for that same track. It occurs quite frequently, but not all the time. Roughly 40% of the time for tracks that experienced the issue before.

Describe Your Setup

The core is running on a Nucleus+. Operating system: Version 1.0 build 158. Roon Labs Software: Version 1.0 build 7. Roon Server Software: Version 1.5 build 334.

The remote (‘Anubis’) is running on a Macbook Pro 13" 2016 (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, 256GB NVMe SSD). Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Roon: Version 1.5 build 334.

My Totaldac d1-dual is attached directly to the Nucleus+ via USB cable. All music (safe Tidal) is stored on a Synology NAS DS713+ (‘Osiris’).

The local network is 1Gbps ethernet. Everything is wired with cat6 cables to 2x Unifi US-8-60W switch, which is in turn hooked up via cat6 cable to a Unifi USW-3P router. I have a 1Gbps internet subscription.

Cleaning the cache seems to have solved the problem for me; 2 days of Tidal playback without the aforementioned issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.