Thoughts about other posters, bugs and design

To the various moderators who have taken the actions covered below in the last several weeks:

This is little more than aggressive and heavy handed editing of views you disapprove of. As demonstrated by your explicit instructions as to which precise paragraphs can be posted, and in which thread.

More specifically, the way you are executing this new policy is blatantly hypocritical and unbalanced.

To clarify, the issue covered below does not concern when you create or move threads for sensible reasons, to better organize the forum. Quite the contrary, the issue is when specific comments that you disapprove of are removed, then arbitrarily dumped in a new thread in an entirely different part of the forum, and that is accompanied by heavy handed editing.

Case in point: there are dozens, if not hundreds, of posts in the feedback thread that defend Roon on the basis that everything that is wrong are unintentional bugs. Those posts argue that because they are unintentional bugs, no one should be criticizing the management of Roon. I was responding to those comments.

You have NOT moved or touched those comments. You leave those comments alone, presumably because they defend Roon. How convenient.

Specifically, you only move the comments you disapprove of to a different thread, in an entirely different part of the forum, while leaving the comments you approve of in the original thread.

And then you dictate which precise paragraphs I can repost in the original thread. Talk about heavy handed editing.

And also when entire threads are shut down. That included closing an entire thread on how soon we will see a release of a version only with album covers. This was a reasonable question, and deserved a simple response but you didn’t answer because you didn’t want to answer. So you shut down the entire thread about two weeks ago, rather than to answer a simple question.

That decision on your part was deliciously ironic, when viewed in hindsight, two weeks later.

And that decision is part of a pattern.

There will be the usual posts below this, by the Perpetual Defenders of Roon, who will attack me and defend the moderators. I would only give them fair warning that what the moderators have done to some of us today, they can do to you tomorrow. Arbitrarily shut down threads on how soon we will see a new version that would only fix album covers; closing threads on folder browsing; and now, moving around comments they disapprove of, and dictating which paragraphs can be included in which thread.

Heavy handed editing is a slippery slope. You may be next.

Probably. But I post in this forum less and less because I’m tired of the unbalanced and strident defense of Roon by a minority, regardless of how dumb the design decisions are. And some were really dumb, as Roon either knew what they were doing, or they must have done almost no testing prior to release. One or the other.

But you are correct, in reacting to those who defend Roon at all costs, I probably sound like the flip side of the same coin, so to speak.

So your point is well taken.