Three Arc queries/feature requests

1. I have started to use Arc on my iPad and iPhone. I like it but it doesn’t appear to work on a 4G mobile internet connection - should it or is it not designed to?

2. I notice that in Arc it is only possible to download albums that reside on my local NAS but not any Qobuz albums in the Roon library. I wondered if that is a licensing issue, yet Qobuz downloads are possible within the Qobuz app. Might it be possible to extend the download facility to include Qobuz favourites too?

3. When playing an album in Arc it appears that the only way to listen via a speaker is to use Bluetooth. Is it possible to use AirPlay or Chromecast? If not, might this become a future feature so as to improve the sound quality?

Thank you.

Miles

Roon 2.0 on a Mac Mini core
Remotes on iOS and macOS devices
Endpoints a mix of Roon-ready, Sonos and AirPlay/Chromecast devices

Hi Miles answers below

1 Yes it works on 4G, this suggests that you have not yet done the port forwarding and Arc setup within Roon. Or possibly your ISP has you behind a CGNAT set-up.

2 The music services are precluded in their licensing deals to allow downloaded content to be stored in third party apps like Roon.

3 if you have an ipad you can use Airplay using the system controls on the iPad or iphone. system output is also supported on Android with Chromecast, but I have not tried this yet (others have said it works).

Hopefully that helps fill in the gaps a little.

It is very early day’s for ARC and Roon have promised great things ahead, we just need to be a little bit patient.

Hello Michael

Thanks for your helpful hints. I shall explore further and see if I can get Arc properly set up.

Regards

Miles

1 Like

Hello Michael

I have now enabled UPnP on my router/Roon Core connection and have used Arc to play music on my NAS via a mobile phone connection.

I have also been able to distribute the audio via Airplay and Chromecast using the native iPhone system.

I note that in another thread using RAAT to reach Roon endpoints is a requested feature.

Many thanks again for your guidance.

Regards

Miles

1 Like