TIDAL: a network or connection error is interfering with TIDAL playback

Yes I have the same issue happening

Rather than being network-related do you think it might be that some DACs are having difficulty handling the 48kHz 24 bit stream they are receiving? Has anyone with this problem been able to try 2 or 3 different DACs in their network, with no other changes, and have the same problem recur?

Canā€™t go three separate Dacs but I have identical problems with centrance dac mini cx and dragonfly red. Same message every time ! No other changes in network at all

Mine is a Devialet 120 and I am pretty sure other Devialet users are not having problems with this.

Tony, I think you are really on to the cause. Iā€™ve been playing locally stored 24/48 downloads from hdtracks for at least three years w/o glitch. Have noticed Tidal attemptes to grad those files but Roon wonā€™t play them. Canā€™t play a Masters. Can play local 24/96 w/o glitch. Can play Tidal Hifi w/o glitch for weeks !!! Not one Masters. Roon wants me to defend my network.

I was having the same issue on 16/44 material.

Same hereā€¦ getting this error on both 16/44 and MQA material :worried:

I realise that people have experienced this behaviour on non-MQA material and as far as I know that has been frequently network-related. I was referring to those users who have this happening only on MQA material and never (or almost) on non-MQA.

Thatā€™s stil likely tol be bandwidth related.

Try to login on TIdal. I got a Message there is something wrong with me account. Strange: Login in on the TIdal service directly: no problem. Hoe come?

Reboot, Roon Core and App if you havenā€™t already tried this

Rather not. :wink:

Are you still on 1.2 or have you moved to 1.3 already? And yes: rebooting Core will probably get you in a good state again.

Iā€™m apologizing, like I did to Eric from Roon, and to any of you folks who tried helping me. But please let me explain. My internet provider is a wisp whose tower sits on my property. Arrangement with wisp and previous owner of my house was for free internet. When I had trouble playing masters, I called wisp man and he assured me I was getting their maximum Mbps. So I wrongly started blaming Roon. Couple of days ago I bought speed tester app and was not getting results I expected. Called wisp man back and he was like " didnā€™t we talk about this last time. Wait. Um. Errr hold on. Click click click on his computer. Here. Try that "

Boom. Iā€™m in masters through Roon heaven !!! Once again, I apologize for wasting your and Roon folksā€™ time on my misguided rants. I know I got a little tight in the panties and that is not my character. But you know how it goes, ā€œyouā€™re not yourself when you donā€™t have your musicā€™ā€

2 Likes

ItĀ“s good you got it sorted outĀ”Ā” congrats, not my case though :disappointed: In the end, it was a bandwidth issue? whatĀ“s the internet speed you have? Finally someone has a possible solutionĀ”Ā”, maybe my problem is also bandwidth, whatĀ“s strange is that if I play MQA files directly on TidalĀ“s app, on the same network I have no problem. Is it that when playing through Roon, more network resources are needed and therefore more bandwidth is needed? If this is the case, please @support let us know what will the reccommended bandwidth will be appropriate for MQA playbak through Tidalā€¦ Will appreciate it, as we are all on our quest for perfect Roon integrationā€¦

James can I ask what your original speed test showed before WISP upgraded. I pay for 100Mbps but speed testing is showing me that this is not what I am getting?

Iā€™m not always sure itā€™s at the client end. I have a pretty stable 200Mb/s and 8ms ping.

It could well be Tidalā€™s local availability and their upstream provider in each country. They donā€™t have a server status page afaik, so itā€™s difficult to speculate.

Tidal Hifi 16/44 Lossless streams at approx 1Mbps [800 to 1000kbps]

Tidal MQA Masters stream at approx 1.5Mbps

For those with issues, Itā€™s worth also trying the Tidal app to see if that has the same issues

Itā€™s also worth trying a VPN for internet connectivity on the Roon Coreā€¦just to see if throttling or DPI is being used by your ISP

It seems it was completely a bandwidth issue for me, at least according to the way Iā€™m playing masters just fine now through Roon.
Iā€™m kind of ashamed to admit the size of my bandwidth ! My wisp maxes at 6 megabits. I was getting 3 prior. Itā€™s the best I can get in rural Sandhills of Nebraska, USA.

I could play through tidal app fine w/o Roon, but as I said in some thread, it would glitch just a split second to start the album and play fine after that. I think it was when tidal app would glitch, Roon would lose contact with tidal and the message would show.
But I obviously donā€™t know.

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that MQA the answer to sending HiFi data streams in as small a stream as possible is having Bandwidth issues? :sunglasses: