TIDAL album: "Tracks from your hard drive will be permanently deleted"

Upon deleting an album which has been added from TIDAL to my library the message above will be prompted. This is logical for albums on the hard drive but not for albums from Tidal and somehow misleading IMHO.

Cheers
NOA

1 Like

I would add, though, that I think perhaps Roon should be configurable so that a) particular users may not delete files, and b) Roon itself (globally) may not delete. In the “not delete” situation, you’d tell users they are “removing from library” or some such (Lightroom has the distinction between removing a photo from the library, for example, and deleting it from the disk; when removing from the library, it allows you to also delete from disk).

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @NOA, you’re right that this copy isn’t as descriptive as it could be, but we show this message every time because we’re taking in to account users who are doing bulk deletes, which may be a mix of Tidal and local albums in which case this copy is accurate. However, we may be able to detect when Tidal-only albums are being deleted and show a better message – I’ll pass it on to the team.

Thanks Kevin.
How’s about the idea just to split the delete window in two sections hard disk and Tidal, same as albums are displayed as well?

Cheers
NOA

Want to renew this thread with a request: Why isn’t there an option to delete an album from the Roon library and NOT from the HD itself? I can imagine not wanting Roon to index an album, but also wanting it to remain on my HD.

If an album is in a watch folder it will be indexed and appear in your library; if you don’t want an album in your library it needs to be deleted from the specified storage locations.