Tidal and Local music keeps stopping (Sonos endpoints)

No change. I got one and a half tracks played, then STOP. Roon is going back on the shelf.

I am just about to try Roon again in case the latest Sonos version (8.5.1) has made a difference

No luck. Roon played long enough for me to start getting optimistic, but then STOP.

Just downloaded Roon 1.5, so am giving it a try. Fingers crossed!

Once again, optimism surging after nearly 2 hours - then STOP

Just about to try build 133. Ever hopeful !

Trouble getting started: Roon will not play to my pair of Sonos Play 1’s. It will play to my Play 5 Gen 1, and to the zone controlled by an old Zoneplayer. Fingers crossed that it keeps going this time (started 1520 local time). Maybe you clever Roon techies can tell me what to do about the Play 1’s

Still going on the Zoneplayer setup after 2 hours! (1720). Maybe you guys have got it cracked. Let’s hope so. I have rebooted the Play 1’s and will give them a go again.

No luck with the Play1’s: same message “Transport. Roon lost control of the audio device”. Support please.:confounded:

@Dick_Cooper ---- Thank you for sharing this observation you have made with the Play 1s! The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Continuing forward, I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look into this behavior for you. As mentioned previously, what this action will do is the next time Roon is active on your core machine a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. I will confirm when the report has arrived so you know we have it.

Additionally, are you using the mentioned Play1s in a group or as individual zones? Furthermore, just to confirm, is the experience the same both when grouped and ungrouped?

-Eric

Update: The report arrived almost immediately. Passing over to our techs for review.

I am using the Play1’s as a stereo pair. If you think it could help I can ungroup them. By the way, Roon is still doing the business on my main Zoneplayer zone. At last ! Just in time for resubscription.

@Dick_Cooper ---- Thanks for the follow up! No need to ungroup, just got word from one of tech team members that they believe they understand what is causing the issue. I will follow up once I am provided another update.

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi @Dick_Cooper ---- We have just released build 334 that we believe fixes the issue you are experiencing, please update your Roon Core to b334 and let us know how it goes. I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Eric

More information regarding this release can be found here:

I have just updated to 334 and Roon has started playing on my Play 1’s. Congratulations on a speedy and effective fix.:smiley::

1 Like