Tidal and Qobuz streaming not working, local is ok

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Salk Streamer III, latest Roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

On Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC

Description Of Issue

Last night streaming stopped working. I can select tunes, but they do not play (stalled at 0 seconds). Local tunes play fine from the library ripped to the core host.

This problem affects both Qobuz and Tidal. Both play fine through their respective apps on my phone.

I’ve logged off and back onto both streaming services through Roon. I’ve logged off and back onto Roon. I’ve restarted the core. Nothing has made any difference - tunes can be selected but will not play.

Hi @Paul_Whiteaker,

Can you try to select another zone and let me know if that works as expected? Even “System Output” will give us a good data point here.

Also, you mentioned that you have rebooted the Core, but have you rebooted the DAC as well? I would power off, unplug, wait for 30 seconds and power back on both the Core and the DAC.

Do let me know if that helps!

– Noris

Hi Noris,

Thanks for your additional suggestions.

I did already shut down the DAC (last night, then powered it up again this morning) - that didn’t make any difference.

I’m at work now, so will need to try switching zones this evening. Will let you know what happens…

1 Like

Ok, I tried playing to a different zone. Exactly the same problem. Any local version of a tune plays fine through my MacBook. All Tidal or Qobuz tracks fail to play.

However, after switching everything off and then restarting in the order:

Cable modem, router, core, usb signal cleaner, then finally the DAC, things started working again :grinning:

Thanks for your suggestions, they helped to push me in the right direction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.