Tidal connectivity issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Roon version 1.7 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi, ATT modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bowers & WIlkins Formation Wedge

Description Of Issue

More often than not, I’ve been getting the error message that Tidal media is loading slowly and that it may be due to a connectivity or networking issue. It then skips to the next track, and the process repeats. Please help me resolve this issue.

Hello @Brendan_Mauch,

Welcome to the forum!

WiFi is often subject to environmental interference. Could you please try temporarily connecting to your router via Ethernet and verify if the same issue occurs?

My MacBook Pro doesn’t have the ability to connect via ethernet. Additionally, every time I launch Roon I am required to re-login to Tidal. I don’t think this is normal.

Windows 10>microrendu>eitr>yggy

I was having Tidal logon issues a few weeks ago and then they got better. Just updated to KB4550945 and the Tidal logon issues are back. Firefox also updated with the restart, so I guess it could be that as well. I would really liked to see these problems resolved as a large part of my listening is through Tidal now.

Hello @Brendan_Mauch, and welcome to the community! We have two issues going on here so I will address them separately:

You’re correct! This is not expected behavior, and it is something we are actively investigating. We’ve received a few similar reports of having to log back into TIDAL each time you start Roon. Our staff is looking into the issue currently. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I second Noris’ recommendation to test with Ethernet whenever possible but if your core doesn’t have that capability, do you have another device that does? We could set up that other device temporarily and see if it helps! If not, let me know.

No, I don’t have any other device w/ Ethernet capabilities. Please help me find another means of solving this issue.

Hello @Brendan_Mauch let’s skip over the Ethernet for now. I have some other options for us to test!

1. Are other zones experiencing this issue? For example, if you play to the system output of the Mac does this happen?
  2. Could you send me a screenshot of your signal path when this issue occurs?
  3. Lastly, when this issue occurs, can you run speedtest.net and post a screenshot of the results?

These options should help us narrow down the source of the issue so we can get this taken care of! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.