Tidal does not work at all with Roon

And generally the etiquette is to fire a question out to the community here - as you did - before invoking help from support. You’ll find this forum very civilised, with a lot of people wanting to help you. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the heads up Phil, I have a full 2 hours of experience with this by now so lots to learn! :slightly_smiling_face:

Try connecting the laptop with an Ethernet cable if possible and make sure the Tidal app is shut down.

The tidal app is firmly shut down and connecting the laptop with a cable sadly produced the exact same results :pensive:

Try playing through the laptop speakers/headphones rather than the devailet and see if that makes any difference.
I’m not sure yours is the same problem but there is an issue for some users

Hi @Christoffer_Ekman,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does the same behavior occur if you play directly to System Output of the Core machine?

1 Like

The cavalry has arrived :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My setup is an Asus F550J laptop that I have the roon software on, its connected via wifi to a AT&T BGW210 modem and my Devialet amp is connected with an ethernet cable to that modem as well.

I get the same response when I try to play to system output, Tidal does connect so I can see all the songs and search for music but no matter which song I try to play I get the same error message “This track is currently not available from Tidal” and “Too many failures. Stopping playback” @support

The cavalry seems to have left again :grimacing:

Looks like there’s a problem with Tidal right now.

This problem has been exactly the same for going on 24h now, I don’t think it’s Tidal’s fault. Has to be something in the connection or settings between Tidal and Roon.

Save your breath and call your local high end audio dealer and pay them for home visit with installer. I wasted 3 months and still requesting an installer to come out and get it working right

Don’t wait for community to try this try that. Just get it done professionally and accept it as part of the cost for your enjoyment of music.

Roon is nit a apple fail proof software. Its buggy and not intuitive. Hire it done and start enjoying you music.

That’s not a bad idea but I am just on a trial right now to see if I like it enough to purchase the product. Kinda hard to find out when it’s not working though.

I just logged out of Tidal and then signed back in and the problem, which just started an hour or so ago, went away. It’s happened once or twice before.

Weird, I’ve tried that like 20 times by now and it has no impact at all.

@support

With Roon, all signals go through the Core. A Core that is connected by Wi-Fi only can have problems fetching and sending in real time because Wi-Fi is not full duplex. Try connecting the Core laptop by Ethernet.

Alternatively, if you have a desktop or other computer connected by Ethernet that can run the Core, then you can use your laptop as a Control over Wi-Fi.

Yep I get that, this is just a trial and I do intend on using a NUC later down the line most likely. I have tried connecting my laptop with an ethernet cable and that is not where this problem lies. I can also play files from my harddrive and internet radio via Roon with no problems at all but for some reason I can’t play a single song from Tidal and it won’t sync up my library there at all.

If Qobuz is available in your region sign up for a trial and see if it works. If you have a VPN on your computer you can sign up in a different region.
This might be a useful comparison test.

Hi @Christoffer_Ekman,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we generally recommend that your Core machine be connected via Ethernet whenever possible. Is there any change if you connect via Ethernet?

Additionally, we’ve seen some TIDAL networking issues resolved with the use of Google DNS. If you give Google DNS a try does that yield any improvements?

Thank you Dylan, I have now tried both those things and neither of them worked or made any difference at all. I get the error message the instant I click play on any song from Tidal.

Is there anything else I can try to get this working??