Tidal doesn't play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Synology DS918/Roon 1.6 (build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Single subnet with ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)
endpoint : iMac 27" + USB DAC

Description Of Issue
Can browse albums in Tidal. After play button pressed, take forever to load.

Hello @Isiah_Lau,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Can you please confirm that you are able to play back tracks using TIDAL’s web player (listen.tidal.com) and tracks play all the way there until the end of the track?

Does this issue occur on multiple zones or just the USB DAC? If you try to play back to the “System Output” zone, do you experience the same behavior?

Thanks,
Noris

@noris

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Can you please confirm that you are able to play back tracks using TIDAL’s web player (listen.tidal.com) and tracks play all the way there until the end of the track?

Yes

Does this issue occur on multiple zones or just the USB DAC? If you try to play back to the “System Output” zone, do you experience the same behavior?

Multiple zone. Same behavior in system output.

Hi @Isiah_Lau,

Thanks for confirming that info. A few follow up questions:

• What is your network setup like? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of your Router, any switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, ect?

• Does rebooting the Core and Networking gear change anything with regards to the issue?

• Is local library content playing as expected?

• Do you have Open VSwitch by any chance turned on in the synology? (Lost my KEF LS 50 wireless connection [Solved - Synology had "Enable Open Vswitch" turned on])

• If you temporarily host the Roon Core on the iMac instead of using it just as a Remote, do you experience the same issue?

Thanks,
Noris

@noris

The problem solved not by restarting roon core only but the whole NAS, I don’t know why.

Thanks.

Hello @Isiah_Lau,

Thanks for letting me know that a reboot if the NAS resolved the issue! I believe it may have just been a temporary environmental issue that was resolved with the reboot, but if the issue occurs again do let me know and we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
Noris

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL Playback Issues - Have to restart Core

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.