Tidal Down in U.S

I was kicked out of Tidal in Roon this afternoon (12/7/21). Haven’t been able to log back in on any platform. I see Downdetector has 800+ reports of Tidal being down. How is it where you are?

https://downdetector.com/status/tidal/

1 Like

Time to forget MQA and join Qobuz

4 Likes

@Jim_F , if you logout, you’ll get the error when trying to log in again. Appears to be an AWS issue.

1 Like

Down in Australia as well.

Amazon AWS is having outages today, and Tidal uses them. Likely it is because of that, and when Amazon sorts things Tidal will work again.

5 Likes

Tidal is working for now. (for me anyway)

I tried and had nothing but problems with Qobuz. For example, it took two minutes to add an album to my library (among many other similar issues). Got tired of watching the jellyfish. Went back to Tidal and had zero problems… until today.

We’ll see how this goes. If I can’t get reliable service from either Tidal or Qobuz, I may drop Roon and go to Apple Music.

It’s not a matter of logging out for the sake of logging out. Tidal was throwing errors and wouldn’t play music. The first troubleshooting step is always to try logging out and logging back in.

Lucky you. Not very helpful though.

Yep, noticed I got kicked out about 2 hour’s ago while I was doing something else within Roon.
Never bothered to look further.

But these Qobuz and Tidal account issues are getting very old…:disappointed:

Greeted with this when I just went back to Roon…

1 Like

Yup, it’s becoming quite an annoyance. Streaming lossless Apple Music right now, no issues…

2 Likes

Well…I do have my vinyl for occasions just like this!
:innocent::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ol’ reliable. :rofl:

1 Like

Probably go and break the stylus now🤣

1 Like

That would be my luck.

1 Like

Not able to access Tidal through Roon for me in Canada. Was playing fine then stopped a while ago. Tried several troubleshooting attempts, including restarting Roon, and logging out of Tidal within Roon. Tidal on its own is working for me.

P.S. I had noticed a Message in Roon when I was logging out of Tidal that Tidal was syncing. I gave it some time before I finally just logged out. And now I can’t get back in to Tidal. I just logged out of the Tidal app and can’t get back in there either.

P.P.S. There are numerous news services reporting that there is an Amazon AWS outage affecting many other services too. I guess we have to just hang in there for now. Maybe don’t hit the “buy” button while shopping on Amazon so that we don’t add more load to their servers :rofl:

2 Likes

Still down here. Western U.S.

2 Likes

Western Canada too. Maybe related to AWS failures today.

2 Likes

Same in SE USA still…more vinyl please.

1 Like