Tidal Down in U.S

Pretty sure that is the root cause :+1:

1 Like

Lucky you! I’m happy I don’t rely on it entirely. Still down here ;(

1 Like

Also down in Pennsylvania

1 Like

Tidal app playing fine in Vegas, but you can’t login to the website.
Too many miles from my Roon core to try that though

2 Likes

OK - but jokes will not detracts from Amazon’s dishonour…

Have to say really enjoy Apple Music…the playlists and radio are so varied and fits my taste. Really dislikes how tidal keeps pushing one genre (hip hop/rap) through to me. I really have dig to find music I like in tidal. Apple Music the music finds me. I use it so much I’m questioning having roon. I’m in Canada so no qobuz so only tidal on roon…not sure why this is so for so long.

1 Like

I NEVER joke where vinyl is concerned!

3 Likes

Same here in Scotland. It’s down, but hopefully be back soon.
I would use Spotify, (if it went lossless) ,except for the brilliant integration with Roon that Tidal has.
Still I have my original files so not musicless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tidal is back online in SE USA.

1 Like

Back online here in the western US.

Back up in Oz too

1 Like

just in case anyone else experiences this. when tidal came back online it blocked my network and thus
i could not log into roon. i called my internet provider and they were useless telling
me to come get a new router. i called apple and the lady i spoke with had the great idea
of logging into another network (in my case my neighbors wifi but a phone hotspot would work too). once
i did this i was able to log into roon/tidal and when i came back on my original network i was still
logged in therefore solving the issue. roon was blocking my network and roon can’t work without the network so
this workaround thankfully solved the issue.

1 Like

Working fine now for me in eastern Canada

1 Like

Came back a few hours ago in west coast Canada.

1 Like

A big chunk of AWS was down for about the same time, I would imagine the two might be linked as the AWS outage was confined to North America as well. https://status.aws.amazon.com/

I have just signed on for the 30 day free trial of QOBUZ. I have an annual subscription to Tidal and also a free Apple Music trial.

I plan to pick a quiet day and do some head to head hi res tests with headphones and speakers. Testing not only sound but user interface, searching, and catalog misses.

I think I am biased against Apple with their user interface but we’ll see. I really don’t like playing a classical selection with three movements and having the movements showing as separate tracts. ’

I also like “folders” to put my playlists into genres and other categories.

Reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith. **“Time Enough at Last” (Season 1, Episode 8)

An Amazon server outage caused problems for Alexa, Ring, Disney Plus, and deliveries - The Verge

…and Tinder, Roku, Coinbase, both Cash App and Venmo, Tidal, Qobuz, and pretty much any other transactional web service.

1 Like

Looks like it’s back up now!

1 Like