TIDAL dropouts over past few days

For some reason I have observed more Tidal dropouts the last couple of days. This is not the norm. I tried rebooting everything in my set-up and I was still getting some dropouts. I may go through the entire reboot again tomorrow.

Hi @Still-One,

I have split your post to better assist here. Can you let me know if rebooting the Core has helped? Is the same behavior occurring for your local content as well as TIDAL or just one and not the other? What is the core and endpoint that you are using?

Thanks,
Noris

I have rebooted everything and had my ISP sent a restart signal to my modem too. It seems as if 95% of dropouts are when listening to Tidal. Listening to music held on my network drive seem to be playing normally. In general I have tried 3 different speedtests of my network and all show between 150-185 mbs so that should not be the issue.

The core sits on my sonicTransporter i5 as does my local music. My endpoint is the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler/DAC.

I am waiting on a new LPS to be delivered today or Friday and once I insert that in my set-up I will again restart everything from the cable modem–>wireless router–switrch—sonicTransporter and–Upsampler.

Jim

I have been listening to music on my networked drives and I have has a couple of recent dropouts so it is not only with Tidal that I am experiencing the issue. I don’t understand the Roon server dialog listing so I am not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for letting me know that info @Still-One.

I would definitely start with rebooting everything once the LPS arrives and checking to make sure that your firmware is up to date on everything. How long has the Upsampler been in use? Does this issue occur for other endpoints or just the upsampler?

– Noris

All firmware is up to date. The upsampler has been in use for over six months. I will try the only other endpoint tomorrow which I seldom use as it just feeds the whole house syst

Hello @Still-One,

I just wanted to check in with you here since it’s been a few days, is everything working with the new LPS in place?

Thanks,
Noris

I could never get it to work without dropouts. I have eliminated everything between the switch and the Upsampler and I have had no dropouts subsequent to the direct connection. The SQ has suffered a bit but I will live with that. I communicated a lot with Andrew from dCS trying to resolve the issue.

Hi @Still-One,

Glad to hear that eliminating everything between the switch and the upsampler has resolved this issue.
I am going to mark this thread as solved since it is working as expected now but if you require any more assistance with this issue just let me know and we can take another look!

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.