Tidal - "error loading page" - always “synching library now” [Ticket In]

PS: What, if anything, did I lose by creating a new server folder?

I would give it a bit of time until the “Activity Spinner” is complete:

If you created the database in step #1 properly, you didn’t lose anything. A restore would get you back into the previous database you had running, info saved in the database:

Your Roon database is full of information about the music you love. In addition to your library’s metadata, it also contains any edits you’ve made, your play history, all of your Roon playlists, your favorites, your settings, and more.

The “RoonServer_old” is also your old database, and at the end of testing you can rename the RoonServer_old back to RoonServer to get your old database back or restore it.

I would wait until the fresh database settles down a bit and the activity spinner is completed, afterwards please check to see if the same behavior as before is occurring.

The activity spinner is done and I did step #1 correctly/as instructed. However the initial TIDAL problem still remains and now all my custom tags are gone as well as albums I merged, etc.

Should I go ahead and rename "RoonServer_old” to RoonServer, especially since that didn’t seem to repair the problem? Or do I restore my latest backup?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Thanks for testing the fresh database, I can confirm logs for this attempt have reached our servers.
What’s interesting here is that I’m seeing the same error traces regarding your Roon Remotes.

Before you go ahead and rename the RoonServer_old folder back to RoonServer, can you confirm that this issue is occurring on both your PC and your iPad on the fresh database?

Yes, the same issue is occurring on both my PC and my iPad. I’ll go ahead and rename the old RoonServer. Do I need to do anything special with the “new” RoonServer folder we made?

Thanks for all the help and what else do you think we can try?

So I renamed the RoonServer folder and everything seems to be back as it was…

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Thanks for confirming the issue occurs on both Roon Remotes. Since the same error traces appear with a fresh database, this is an interesting data point. Let me note this with QA and we can see what they say. I appreciate your patience until this reaches the queue again.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Luther,

I wanted to update you to let you know that we are still looking into this, QA has been able to locate an issue in diagnostics and we are planning to discuss your case with the senior technical team in the near future. As soon as we have some feedback from the senior tech team I will be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Thank you for the update - it’s much appreciated!

1 Like

Hello @Eric_Luther,

I appreciate your patience here while I had a chance to discuss your case with the senior technical team. Unfortunately it appears that you are running into a bug here.

It’s difficult to say just yet if this bug is stemming from Roon or from TIDAL, but there previously was an artist object on your TIDAL account and this is preventing a proper sync or the TIDAL -> Favorites section to load properly.

We’ve passed a ticket to our development team and they’re going to work on getting this fixed. There are no exact timelines that I can provide, but I have made the dev team aware of your report and it has been added to the development queue. Unfortunately, until this is fixed, TIDAL syncing and favorites being displayed for your current TIDAL account is not possible.

Once again, apologies for any frustrations while we investigate and address this behavior on the dev side of things and once there is a new Roon release that addresses this, we will be sure to follow up with you.

Any questions, just let me know. Thank you!

Thanks - I look forward to more. Also, I take it I can’t somehow delete this “artist object”?

Unfortunately not, your TIDAL account may be referencing an already deleted artist object, so deleting it again is not possible.

Our dev team’s investigation into this issue is ongoing and may take some time to track down, so thanks in advance for your patience here.

A post was split to a new topic: “Error loading page” - TIDAL

Hi @Eric_Luther,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

I will - thanks so much for letting me know!

1 Like

So I’ve updated ROON and the same error message as initially described is still happening. But one difference is that when I check Tidal in settings it’s NOT always “synching library now” but I still get the same error message when I go to the TIDAL page within ROON.

However, I added an album in my TIDAL app and it did appear in ROON so that’s a good thing.

When I go into “Your Favorites” in TIDAL via ROON I see this in the TRACKS section:

Failed%20to%20load%20tracks

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Can you please try rebooting your Core and signing out and back into TIDAL via the Roon Settings -> Services tab? Is there any change if you do that?

Nope - no change…

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Sorry to hear that the behavior is the same. Can I please ask that you go to the “Your Favorites” tab and let me know the exact local time + date you access this tab and which Roon Remote/Client you were using to control the Core? I would like to take a look at a new diagnostics package following the new version of Roon.