Tidal - "error loading page" - always “synching library now” [Ticket In]

Hi @Eric_Luther/@Johan_Hallberg,

How are your router DNS servers configured? Are you using ISP-provided DNS or Google/Cloudflare? We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their DNS servers to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), Google (8.8.8.8) or Quad9 (9.9.9.9).

Same thing here - changing the DNS servers didn’t fix the problem.

Can we expect any more input from ROON support?

Can you please try to reproduce the issue and let me know the exact local time + date when you notice this behavior?

Also, can you please provide an overview of the network and how the Core is connected to the network and the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

It’s easy to reproduce the incident - it happens every time I go to the TIDAL page in ROON. Just now for instance - at 11:20 AM EST on 1/7/20 I go to my TIDAL page in ROON and get the same error message as noted in my initial post. When I go to Settings/Services/TIDAL it’s always “synching library now”.

I have a simple setup = an xFi Gateway Router and a ethernet-connected Intel NUC 7 running ROCK that is connected via USB to a pro-ject pre box S2 DAC into my receiver.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might have.

PS: When I add TIDAL albums within ROON they do show up in my TIDAL app, it just isn’t working in reverse.

Thanks for sharing the setup details and timestamp.

Now that I have this information, I have enabled diagnostics mode for your accounts and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis.

Once these are received, I will request some feedback from QA regarding the traces, thank you in advance for your patience while this analysis is underway.

Thanks for the reply…

Hi @Eric_Luther,

I appreciate your patience while we had a chance to review logs from your machine. We are seeing signs that this could be related to your Roon Remote/Client and as such, I suggest performing a reinstall of the Roon app on your PC. To do so please, use these instructions (on the PC, not the NUC):

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Thanks for this - this is what I see in the Data folder of my ROON ROCK NUC - which folder do I rename? The RoonOS folder?
roon%20data%20directory

Hi @Eric_Luther,

This is not the correct directory, you would need to go to your local Roon Remote installation, try pasting this in your Windows Explorer address bar %localappdata%, there, find the Roon and rename this to Roon_old.

Thanks - I did just as you instructed and yet the same problem persists.

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Let’s try a fresh database in that case.

• Make a Backup of your Roon database
  • Stop Roon Server from running via the ROCK Web UI
  • Navigate to the folder you were in before:
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Start Roon Server from the WebUI
  • Verify if the issue occurs with a fresh database

Thanks and I did as instructed. Now I can’t connect to the Remote Core from either my PC or my iPad. I get this message:

Here’s a screenshot from my current Web UI page:

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Can you try clicking on “Select a different Core”? Since we have set your old database aside, the ROCK might pop up in the window following select a different Core since it is essentially a “new” install.

Sure I can…hold on.

It’s rebuilding my database but the same original TIDAL problem/message remains.

PS: What, if anything, did I lose by creating a new server folder?

I would give it a bit of time until the “Activity Spinner” is complete:

If you created the database in step #1 properly, you didn’t lose anything. A restore would get you back into the previous database you had running, info saved in the database:

Your Roon database is full of information about the music you love. In addition to your library’s metadata, it also contains any edits you’ve made, your play history, all of your Roon playlists, your favorites, your settings, and more.

The “RoonServer_old” is also your old database, and at the end of testing you can rename the RoonServer_old back to RoonServer to get your old database back or restore it.

I would wait until the fresh database settles down a bit and the activity spinner is completed, afterwards please check to see if the same behavior as before is occurring.

The activity spinner is done and I did step #1 correctly/as instructed. However the initial TIDAL problem still remains and now all my custom tags are gone as well as albums I merged, etc.

Should I go ahead and rename "RoonServer_old” to RoonServer, especially since that didn’t seem to repair the problem? Or do I restore my latest backup?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Hi @Eric_Luther,

Thanks for testing the fresh database, I can confirm logs for this attempt have reached our servers.
What’s interesting here is that I’m seeing the same error traces regarding your Roon Remotes.

Before you go ahead and rename the RoonServer_old folder back to RoonServer, can you confirm that this issue is occurring on both your PC and your iPad on the fresh database?