I have a similar problem each time I start up Roon, also occasionally when the computer goes to sleep. Tidal fails auto login with error message, then directs to website with new login, which is go for the session until next time…
So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.
Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.
Thanks for the response - some extra information below.
- What’s not working: Automated Tidal Login not working. Fails with Error message at Roon startup. Roon startup takes longer than in the past.
- How often the issue occurs: Every time Roon is started.
Describe Your Setup
- Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs): Mac Mini (Late 2014), 3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, two built-in SDD (256GB, 4TB), macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Roon 1.7 (built 537)
- Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured): Wireless, Connected to Apple Airport Time Capsule, to Beanfield Network adaptor and optical fibre network
- Audio devices in use: Accuphase DC37 DAC
- Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library): stored locally on same Mac Mini on built in 4TB hard drive
Hello @restock, thanks for the information! I’ve passed this data over to my team for further analysis. I’ll be in touch shortly.
Hello @restock, thanks again for your report!
I have been discussing this issue with the technical team and we are aware of a few similar reports where users have to re-login to TIDAL upon Core reboot.
There is an active investigation in progress and QA is looking into what improvements can be made in this area of the login flow.
We appreciate your patience while this investigation is ongoing and apologies for the inconvenience of having to re-login when the Core is rebooted in the meantime.
I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!
You can read the full release notes here:
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.