Tidal Family acount

Can anyone advise if there is any limitation in terms of bandwidth, content, library etc, for a Tidal Family account? Say I logon in office and family member logon at home, will there be any limitation?

Thanks.

The biggest limitation I’ve found is that the libraries of each account are completely separate. You can (painstakingly) share playlists from one family member to another, but they are read-only for anyone except the creator. Likes/favorites also do not carry over from one account to another.

I attempted using a separate account for Roon, but the limitations above made this impractical. Now we just have one for my wife and one for me, with roon signed on on mine.

But yes, you can use two family accounts simultaneously with no limitations, restrictions, or interference.

Thanks Andy, I have no issue on sharing library, etc., just want to make sure my Roon can work the exact same way as with a stand alone Tidal account.

Incidentally, is there a way to export current Tidal library and import it into a new family account?

Maybe something like this:

1. Add all Favorites to a playlist in account #1
  2. In account #1 (using desktop app), generate URL to share playlist.
  3. In a web browser, log in to account #2. Open playlists URL in same web browser, then add to library.
  4. Add all songs from playlist to Favorites under account #2.
1 Like

Thanks again Andy.