Tidal Favorite Tracks -> Roon Favorite Tracks (v1.4, 2018)

What is the latest and best way for turning Tidal Favorites into Roon Favorites? I have about 3,000 tracks from Tidal that are in my Roon library. About 1,800 of these tracks are ones I have individually favorited (starred) in Tidal. I’d like to favorite (heart) these tracks in Roon. What’s the best way to do this on the current version (1.4)?

Andy, have you ever figured out how to do this? I am currently evaluating Roon and am running into the same issue. I have about 7000 Tidal favorite tracks (mostly MQA) which I want to import and show as favorite tracks in Roon using the heart icon. Despite the many work around options (such as creating tags, playlists, bookmarks) there is no way to actually highlight a favorite track in any of these lists.
Since my music habits are based around listening to albums and highlighting favorites that I can come back to later, this issue is a clear deal breaker for me.

I think it works slightly differently to the way you think it does.

Setting a track or album as a favorite in the TIDAL app adds it into the “My Collection” library in TIDAL.

Such a favorited track or album will then automatically be added into your Roon library, so that it becomes part of your music collection.

Favoriting a track or album in the Roon library is a further level, and has a different meaning to the TIDAL favorite.

So, if you have already favorited 7,000 TIDAL tracks, these should automatically become part of your Roon Library. You can use the Focus/Format = TIDAL to select just these tracks or albums to display in your Roon Library. If you indeed want to mark these as Favourites in your Roon Library, then do this Focus/Format=TIDAL selection, select them all and click the Heart icon to favorite them all at once…

Thanks Geoff for the prompt response. I have managed to successfully highlight all of my TIDAL tracks as ‘Heart’ favorites using the solution you outlined in the last paragraph (I am also a retired old fart so perhaps this software is a bit too complicated for me). However there is still one remaining issue which I cant resolve: Roon imports all tracks from my favorite albums in my TIDAL collection, in addition to my favorite tracks. So this adds another 4,200 tracks to my list of TIDAL tracks showing in Roon, most of which I have not highlighted as my favorite tracks in TIDAL (since I highlight my favorite albums in TIDAL to establish a queue of albums to listen to in the future). So this begs the question - Is there any way to selectively import just my favorite tracks from my TIDAL collection?

1 Like

I can’t think of a way to do this easily if you extensively use both favorite tracks and favorite albums in Tidal. You would need to un-favorite the albums temporarily, get the individual tracks favorited in Roon, then add back the favorite albums. This un-favoriting and re-favoriting would almost certainly require touching each individual album at least once, maybe twice.

Anyone have a solution for this that is actually workable vs touching all of the albums, then all of the tracks, then all of the albums again?

Hey everyone. I’m also having this issue. My mental model is that I have favourite albums, and favourite tracks but these are two separate lists.

I’d love to have the option for something like this:
Favourite track in TIDAL/Qobuz → Added to Roon library & Added as a Favourite Track in Roon
Favourite album in TIDAL/Qobuz → Added to Roon library

I appreciate others may have a different opinion of how this works, but this would be perfect for me.

hey, was this ever resolved? its likely to be a make or break for me in terms of using the software