Wrong TIDAL gain values for track and album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Not relevant.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Not relevant.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Not relevant.

Description Of Issue

There is a problem in integrating with TIDAL, in the area with track / album gain information: the two values for gain are always equal and both have the value corresponding to album gain (track gain is incorrect).

Examples where you see it as incorrect would help.

Did you check this issue and you cannot reproduce it? Pick any TIDAL album and check the values…
Samples:

• ABBA - Voulez-Vous
  • Cowboy Junkies - Lay It Down
  • Get The Blessing - Lope And Antilope
  • etc.

Not having Tidal that would be quite difficult.
I was rather thinking that you would give examples of the values you see as wrong.
Screenshots would help.

Whether you select “auto” or “track” in Volume Leveling,

the value applied for Volume Leveling is the same, this for all the tracks in any TIDAL album.

It works correctly for QOBUZ and local files.

@support
Does anyone in Roon handle this request for support?..

Support will get to you but probably prioritising those who aren’t working at all first.

Well… track gain is not working.
Are you from support?

No just another user.

Hello @DanielAvasilichioaei, I was able to test this on my side and got the same result. I have a meeting scheduled with our technical team to discuss this further and I’ll be sure to follow up with you once I have more details. Thanks!

2 Likes

This issue has not been resolved in the latest update (Roon 1.7 - Build 710).
Is there an estimated deadline for fixing this issue?

@support
Is there an estimated deadline for fixing this issue?

@support
Roon Team, it’s been 4 months since you reproduced this problem. Why does it take so long to fix it? It’s just about incorrectly reading some attributes of the track.

Apologies for the continued trouble here, @DanielAvasilichioaei. This is still with our team and we don’t have any timelines we can provide just yet, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated when we have more information on this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.