Tidal has stopped working

Hi
this seems to be a pretty common issue but i don’t seem to be able to find the solution. Tidal has suddenly stopped working using my Innuos Zenith SE as Roon Core. It’s been absolutely no problem previously but now I’m getting the Too Many Failures, Stopping playback message. I’ve switched to my ROCK as core and that’s working fine. Not sure how to proceed as i prefer using the Zenith as my Core.
thanks
mike

I’ve contacted Innuos to find out how to access the Roon Cache so that i can delete that. Hopefully that might be the solution?

Hey @mike_chadwick,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any difference in how your ROCK machine is connected to the network compared to the Innuos?

Have you tried logging out of TIDAL in Roon on the Innuos and logging back in? Have you tried rebooting the Innuos?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan
Both the Zenith & the ROCK are connect to the network the same way - Router via Ethernet Cable. The Zenith doesn’t have Tidal just the hard drive containing my music files. Tidal is accessed via Roon. I’ve signed out of my Tidal account etc, I’ve reinstalled the Roon software on my iMac, I’ve rebooted the Zenith. I use an iPad as my main Roon controller.
I’ve contacted Innuos/ Zenith support as I’m sure the problem lies there, especially as the NUC ROCK is working perfectly.
Best
Mike

Thanks for the info here, @mike_chadwick!

Let’s try clearing the cache on the Innuos Core and see if there is any change in behavior. Please see the steps below:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /RoonServer/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

Thanks!

Hi Dylan
I’m waiting on Innuos support to help with this. There’s no obvious way for me to access the database.
Will keep you updated
Best
Mike

1 Like

Back up and running. The database on the Innuos had got corrupted. All good again
best
mike