Tidal in Roon is slow, network error

The last couple of days Tidal is very slow when I open it in Roon.
No issues with the Win 10 Tidal app.

Today I get the following error message: Error loading page: Please check your network connection. Reload page.

I have no network connection issues with the Win 10 Tidal app or with any other app or program.

Hi All,
I have the same issue but it’s not consistent, i.e. last night at about 11:30 in Australia I couldn’t load or play any TIDAL Masters MQA’s albums…or they would play for about 10 secs & I then received an error message saying that TIDAL was taking too long to load & possible network or connection error?
It can’t be network as at the time I was running at 23 Mbps?
I have changed my USB port on my iMac & changed the USB cable & it’s working fine this morning so hopefully it was a connection error?..BUT, I’ve also experienced this when using my ROON iPhone app…could it be when the Northern Hemisphere usage is high, it can cause connection issues elsewhere in the world, i.e. here in Australia?

I’ve shifted this thread into Support for investigation. Could you both please describe your setups, including all network components.

Hi Andrew,

My core is sitting on my late 2012 2.9Ghz i5 iMac with 8 GB RAM running Sierra (10.13.6).
I’m on ROON Version 1.5 (build 339) stable (64 bit).
My modem is via my ISP here in Australia (Optus) & it’s a Sagemcom.

I’m averaging about 22 Mbps most days via the NBN in Australia.

Do you need to know anything else? I’m trying to get a screen shot of the error message.

I’ve also noticed lately that ROON is loading much slower than usual, not sure if this connected?

Cheers
Matt

I’m running ROCK on an Intel NUC7i7 with a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital directly connected to the NUC via USB. The NUC is connected via Ethernet to my router.
I’m running Roon on a Windows 10 Pro on an HP EliteBook Gen 4 that is also conencted via Ethernet.

Seagull…I’ve just bought a Pro-ject Pre Box S2 & for it’s price & size it’s a bargain! I’m having some issues with my iMac locking onto the USB output for sound but I think that’s my iMac.

Hello @seagull & @Matthew_Taylor,

Thank you for your reports, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please try disabling and then re-enabling TIDAL from Roon Settings -> Services as a first troubleshooting step? The page should look like this and I have highlighted the button:

If there is no change to the issue after disabling and re-enabling TIDAL, can you please try clearing the TIDAL cache? To clear the cache please follow these steps:

1. Close the Roon App
  2. Find and open your Roon Application folder
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder (Roon/Cache)
  4. Restart Roon
  5. Attempt to log into TIDAL again

Please let me know if either of these troubleshooting suggestions resolve the issue or if you have any troubles performing the steps above.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris, Tonight everything runs smooth again, as it usually does.

1 Like

I did have one incident but since then, it seems to be playing ok…will keep you posted.
Thanks
Matt

1 Like