TIDAL integration and liked tracks

Hi,

I see that Roon got my albums and playlists from TIDAL, but not tracks that I’ve liked (heart icon). How can I get them?

Thanks!

Hm, the liked (heart icon) statuses for Albums and Artists also don’t seem to be retrieved from TIDAL. But, if something is liked in TIDAL, it will appear in Library/Albums.

How is this supposed to work? :slight_smile:

Favouriting an album or track adds to Roon.

OK, but liking an album/track means something, so it would make sense that a like from Tidal could be propagated to Roon.

I see now that liked albums are seen in Library/Albums; I could live with that. However, Library/Tracks seems to contain all tracks from all liked albums, so I cannot see any of my track preferences I’ve done on Tidal…

1 Like

By liking an album in TIDAL you are adding it to Roon. Therefore all TIDAL albums in your Roon library are favourites.

If you favourite a track, the album will be added but only contain the tracks marked as favourite. For example …

Remember TIDAL favourite ≠ Roon favourite; TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library.

Hi @gmit2,

Roon syncs all of your TIDAL favorites to your Roon library. If you favorite individual tracks instead of whole albums, only those tracks will sync.

This is separate from Roon favorites (i.e. the Heart icon on tracks). This has to be done in Roon and cannot be synced from TIDAL.

Sigh, that’s bad. :frowning:

Is there perhaps a filter to show “favorite indivitual tracks but not whole albums”, so I can click heart icons myself?

Hi @gmit2,

Currently, it’s not possible to do this in Roon. I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.