Tidal is loading slowly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
HP 320 laptop with intel i3 4GB of RAM and 1TB capacity which I only use for Roon core and nothing else.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Router is a Harris touchstone receiving my internet via optical fiber up to 50mbs.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

the core is connected directly to a Yamaha cx a 5100 thru a meridian dac explorer 2 other endpoints are a Fiio 11; a squeezebox touch and it it is controlled via IPad.

Description Of Issue
Hi, since yesterday that message appears and then stops the track and skips to the next one, and history repeats on Tidal only.

There is no dropout on the internet ant the message appears tidal media is loading slowly this may indicate a internet or connectivity problem.

Love Roon but this is very annoying, any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you

have you rebooted everything?

Yep restarted computer and roon

What is your actual network speed, are you using WiFi and I’m guessing this pc is ancient?

Speedtest.net results. 50mbps service is going to be marginal for higher bitrates

Speedtest is 50 plus bus the laptop is not that ancient but is a base model and comply with minimum requirements for roon and certainly exced them

Screen shot the signal path please when this issue is happening.

That’s the signal path in this particular track

Yep using wifi

At this very moment tidal stopped again with a track of the same album

Turn off the DSP stuff and try that…my guess is you are pushing the WiFi limits and perhaps even the cpu if your processing speed drops below 1.3x

No DSP engaged

Unless I’m mistaken you are having bit depth conversion and sample rate conversion going on…That’s done in DSP normally. I assume the M11 is not connected as a USB DAC

Yep you are right the fiiio is an endpoint

Hello @javier_flores,

Does this issue only occur on the Fiio or does it occur on your other zones (such as the squeezebox or meridian)? If you try to play local content to your Fiio, do you see the same issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.