Tidal is not allowing access / search titles

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK, Version 1.0 (build 227)
Roon Server Software, Version 1.7 (build 610) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Miikrotik Router in client mode to enable the ROCK for WiFi
Xfinity WLAN / Cable Moden

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB connected to DEQX Premate Plus

Description Of Issue
After a long move, I had the patience to setup my system again. The only differences are that I no longer have a wired connection for the ROCK.

But I think the issue is not on the ROCK but the frontend… I can access my old Tidal playlists and play music fine.

However, neither browsing or searching for new music works - either empty playlists or the attached error message …

Hi, can you go into Roon’s settings and try removing and then re-adding the Tidal account.

You say after a long move … are you in a different part of the world now!
Just wondering if some form of geolocation is causing issues.

Are you able to access Tidal via there app?

Hi Carl,

i logged out and relogged … no change in the outcome.
The move was in regards to time not distance - still in the US. actually just a 15min drive from my old place.
Internet Provider is different - so new DNS, Router, etc.

Yes i can access Tidal normal from my Iphone App .

I’ll move this over to #support so Roon’s @support can follow this up for you.

Hi @CoolmannS,

Can you please try clearing your Roon cache?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Stop RoonServer via the Web UI
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

If that does not resolve the issue, please share a screenshot of the WebUI.

hi,

i think the issue was caused to do network issues (port mapping or routes missing) - i had a cascaded Router setup , where the 2nd router was bridging via WLAN to the ROCK.

i installed Linux on mu NUC, deployed the ROON Core and connected direclty via WLAN to the main router and it works!
Many thanks for helping troubleshooting this!

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved @CoolmannS, yes a double-NAT situation can cause issues with the routing, so it’s good that you resolved this aspect. If you run into further Roon issues, just let is know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.