Tidal is not working at all in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac 1TB SSD i7 Chip.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Brand New Cambridge CXA81 “Roon Ready” Integrated Amp … USB Connected

Description Of Issue
Tidal or any third party streaming source does not work. Get a bunch of errors. Tracks that are locally stored will play but anything from a third party, including radio will not play. I have two days left on the free trial and so far, my Roon experience is unsatisfactory and I will cancel and set up my own system that at least works on a point to point basis.

Hi you did not complete the section of Network Details … could you do so please as this is most likely a networking issue and knowing how your Roon core is connect will help Roon’s support team to diagnose the issue.

Network: Wifi Connection through the computer (G5). Netgear Nighthawk Router. USB connection direct to the Cambridge CXA81. Not really asking it to do much…

Any thoughts? If not satisfied in the next 60 minutes, I will cancel today.

You might try plugging your computer in via Ethernet instead of Wifi. Not official support, just a helpful user.

You never mentioned the actual error messages, that might help give a more focused response

There is a section in the Knowlege Base on connecting things up. Wired is the best way except for the control remote. Well worth a read.

Thanks! will do. Problem is, my wired modem is in another room. I did order a mesh Netgear extender that has fire wire ports for direct connect. Hoping that does the trick. The error messages are basically, Tidal cannot access that track…something to that effect. It then tries the next track…same result and so on. Roon works great for my RIPed CD’s it is infinitely better then iTunes… So, not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. By the way, I even tried some internet radio stations…same deal. So, I’m hoping that the extender hardwired to my computer will do the trick.

Not sure why it’s not working on your side.
FYI, I have a CXA81 too, USB connected to use the internal DAC
My core is on a NAS, that my endpoint (Raspberry OS) is accessing through wifi.

All works fine here (inc Tidal). I’d also look towards some wifi issues…

Alfredo, my recommendation is go with wired ethernet!
I installed a roon core some days ago in a friend‘s house. His reciver ist still UPnP running via Powerline. I installed also a roon to UPnP converter.
The powerline adaper creates a lot of issues so we moved the roon core near the receiver and poweline is only used for tidal. Roon and receiver are connected by wire via a switch. This makes roon with lokal music work fine but Tidal got interrupted often.
In the end we decided to install an ethernet wire from the router to the switch connecting roon core and the reciever and anything workls like charm.
My impression: Everything except an ethernet cable is crab for high resolution audio.

1 Like

Hello @Alfredo_Forte, my apologies for the trouble here, but I’m glad you got some suggestions here! I agree with what’s been said, a wired connection would be best as outlined in our networking best practices. In a moment I’m going to send you a PM, so please take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.