Tidal issues - tracks won't play any more

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I am finding that sometimes it seems like the connection to Tidal gets lost or something. By this I mean that any Tidal songs will not play, although the current Tidal song keeps playing. Usually I am playing from a certain Tidal playlist and then I search for a new song, which works. But then clicking on the new song does nothing. I can tap it, double tap it, select play now, select add to queue, and nothing happens at all. Once this happens, quitting the app and restarting will instantly resolve the issue, but its very frustrating.

Using Samsung S8+. Just wondering if this is a common problem.

I too have a Samsung tablet I bought just to use with the Roon/Tidal stream.
I too am having issues. I may switch to my Mac laptop and return the Samsung.
Thanks for the confirmation.

@support this sounds like an issue with the android client perhaps. Flagging support here.

Hi @Alastair_Roberts,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this same behavior occur if you are using a different remote device?

Does non-TIDAL content work as expected?

Let me look into this a little more. I discovered a network cable not properly attached that was causing an issue over the weekend. That may of been part of the problem. I have also added some local files to my library so that I can see if this is a Tidal only issue.

I’ll report back when I can.

1 Like