Tidal Loading v slowly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

imac 2010 build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

bluesound node 2i

Description Of Issue

every time I try to use my bluesound node 2i i get a message that tidal is loading slowly and it skips tracks. However, I can use tidal directly with no issues. Very frustrating. I appreciate there appear to be other people raising the same issue but I couldnt see a resolution yet…is that the case?

Hello @Andrew_Hulme,

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the delay here while your case reached my queue!

Can you please confirm if there is any change in behavior if you try to log out and back into TIDAL via Roon Settings -> Services?

Are you able to start playback to the iMac’s internal speakers (System Output Zone)?

What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?
Can you try to temporarily connect the Core via Ethernet to see if this helps?

Hi Noris. I’ve logged out of Tidal and back in and the issue has occurred 3 or 4 times in the last hour of playing music. This might be an improvement but still not good. I’ve never had an issue playing through the system output - only when trying to play through the node 2i or when I have them both grouped into 1 zone. I’m afraid I cant connect directly via ethernet…too far. With regards to networking equipment, I’ve attached a couple of images of the router. Hopefully this gives you what you need…apologies I’m not too techy:)

Add imag

es

Hi @Andrew_Hulme,

Thanks for those pictures!

Can you clarify which of the Ethernet connections are too far to plug in? Is it the iMac or Node or both? If you can try plugging in at least one of them via Ethernet you might see some improvements here.

Do you have the lastest firmware installed? You can check via the BluOS app on iOS or Android.

Does local content play back as expected? If you don’t have any local content you can download samples from 2L Test Bench (right-click on the file size -> save as).

Hi Noris. The Node is connected via ethernet but the imac is not. The latest firmware is installed on the node. My local content plays fine. For the last hour its been playing across the imac & node as a grouped zone with no skipped files. Thanks

Hi @Andrew_Hulme,

Thanks for trying the local content, this confirms that the issue is retrieving the data from outside your network.

How are you DNS servers on the router configure, are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS? What is your internet network speed according to fast.com or speedtest.net?

Hi Noris. download speed is a consistent 50mgbs…up load is 20. with regards to DNS settings then I’m starting to get out of my depth. TDoes the attached help?
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 4.59.18 pm.png

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Hulme,

Yes, you can also add DNS servers to your Mac by clicking on the “+” button in the left-hand menu.
Can you click on the + and add the DNS of 1.1.1.1 to the list? Does that help at all?

Hi Noris. I’ve been playing MQA music for a few hours now with no issues so this looks to have resolved the issue. Thanks for your help!
Andy

1 Like

Glad to hear it, @Andrew_Hulme! If we can ever help with anything else please feel free to reach out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.