TIDAL login every time Roon starts

I’ve a very annoying problem with tidal login. Every time I startup Roon server or even when I use VP I’ve to login to tidal again! Very annoying.

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you elaborate on the above about using VP?

Hi @dylan sorry for the late reply. There was a typo in my post and I meant VPN.
Here’s my setup
Core Machine (Core i72600K, SSD 20GB, Win 10) connected to allo USBrdige SIG with Gigabit Switch (unmanaged)

I have the message tidal login failed when I star core everyday and when I use connect/disconnect VPN client

Thank you
Andrea

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

If you do not use the VPN client, does this issue still occur? Could you please note the exact local time + date you have to re-login again with the VPN client turned off and let us know this timestamp here?

A post was split to a new topic: Have to re-login to TIDAL once Mac is rebooted

Hi @noris I don’t use VPN client as default but I turn it on just some times. So the problem happens when I Switch on my Server PC after nightly switch off and also happens when I connect to VPN and again when I disconnect. I relaunched roon core server and the message showed at 22.41.31 (italian time)

Thanks

Andrea

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Need to login via TIDAL after Core is rebooted

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp. I have activated diagnostics mode for your Core and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for analysis. I can confirm that the log has been received and I have requested the technical team look over them, once I have further info I will reach out again, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

I have been discussing you case further with QA and we have a few follow-up questions:

• Did “TIDAL login Failed“ appear message after a Core restart before build 536/537 of Roon?
  • What happens if core is rebooted, but VPN was not enabled during this procedure, do you still see the error?

No it didn’t

Yes I see the error at core/server PC rebooting with VPN switched off so is not related to VPN. The VPN doesn’t run at windows startup. I mentioned VPN client only because when i connect/disconnect I get the same error that I get when rebooting core

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Andrea_Tacchetti, I have added this to your ticket notes.
I’ll let you know if anything else is needed for QA’s investigation!

Hi @noris any news?
Thanks
Andrea

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

No news to share at this time - the devs are aware of this issue and actively working on it. Once we have made changes in this area in a future Roon release we will announce it on our Release Notes Section of this site. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Wrong post - edited

The 555 release wasnt to fix the login issue.

oh thank you. I will delete my post!

No need to do that :slight_smile:

Hi @Andrea_Tacchetti,

Yes, as @ged_hickman1 mentioned, the 555 release was a hotfix for TIDAL content loading issues, not for the login behavior. We have some changes scheduled for our next release which will hopefully help with the login issues.

Hello @Andrea_Tacchetti,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.7 Build 571, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Hi @nuwriy I’ve waited a couple of days to give you a better feedback. After update to 571 when I start Roon Server the pink Tidal popup shows again but When I click on retry It disappears without opening the browser for Tidal authentication. So still not perfect but a step forward and much less annoying!
Thank you and bye

Andrea

1 Like