Tidal login failed...and that's no good

I get Tidal login failures (with edit/retry) on 1.5 and now also om 1.6. Not constantly but enough to bother me, unfortunately I have zero tolerance for playback issues when listening to music. A pause-skip-click-routine in Roon fixes the problem immediately, ruling out, in my opinion, network issues. Family is happy streaming and stuff on the network without issues.

Where to start troubleshooting?

Thx,
Mads

Hello @Mads,

Can you clarify where exactly you’re seeing this behavior and how often it occurs? I wouldn’t rule out networking issues just yet since pausing the playback allows the buffer to fill up. You mention that it’s a login failure, can you let me know the exact error message that Roon displays when this issue occurs or post a screenshot?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi, It’s quite a common error if you search the forums, yet I see no final solution to this problem (?). I have added screen shots.

The red Tidal login failed box is fairly common, I’d say every 5 times I use Roon. The “Transport: Too many failures…” -thing below is a sequential error following (I suppose) from the Tidal error.

Hello @Mads,

Thanks for posting that screenshot. Can you please let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

Often times I have seen the TIDAL login failure occur due to DNS issues but it’s a bit early to say conclusively, although I have seem improvements by changing the ISP provided ones to Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS on the router.

I would give the DNS change a try but I also want to proceed to more advanced troubleshooting here and I’m going to enable diagnostics mode on your account and what this action will do is automatically generate a log package and upload it to our servers.

To make sure we have the right information to analyze, I kindly ask you to reproduce this behavior and note the exact local time in your country (ex. 2:04PM) when it occurs at and then we can match that time up in the diagnostics and see if Roon was performing any strange behavior or had a network disconnect.

Thanks,
Noris

My broadband router: Saegemcom FAST3890_D0. Already using Google 8.8.4.4.

Thanks for your support, these trouble-shooting cases are not my favourite cup of tea so it will probably be a while before I will sit down and do it. I accept that this is the only way you can help, but then I just live without Roon until I get around it.

Mads

1 Like

Hmn. Interesting news (for me at least :)) having disabled Tidal in Roon for a few weeks now has lead to absolutely flawless performance of my setup. Not a single dropout and superfast operation. My CD rips, high res FLACs and DSD purchases plays without any issue at all (over wifi from my Roon server). Man I have been blaming my NAD M17 a lot for this, but it seems to be a Tidal-Roon issue.

I have no problems with Tidal outside Roon on my other devices (iPhone and MacBook).

Mads

Hi @Mads,

Thanks for letting me know that info. I wonder if this is just a side-effect of not having Roon reach out to TIDAL, these messages were all due to the login of TIDAL so I would expect that they go away once the service is disabled. I’m not sure if you want to give TIDAL another shot in the future on Roon, but if you do you might want to try clearing the TIDAL cache to see if this helps:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

Hi @noris. Found the cache on my linux server here:

/var/roon/RoonServer/Cache

Moved all its content to another directory as a backup and did a

sudo systemctl restart roonserver

Re-enabled Tidal and am running now (10min :slight_smile:). Will get back if I see the dropout/disconnect issues again. Thanks for the advice.

Mads

1 Like

Did this resolve the issue?

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL Login Failed Message (Shows up once a day)

Sorry for the delay, yes it did solve my issue and the steps above haven’t been necessary ever since on my setup. I am not using Roon that much (a few times a week), though, but definitely enough to say that the steps above solved the issue for me.

(The NAD M17 that I use is super hysterical about network connection btw.)

Mads

For your diagnostics: I am logged in to Tidal (if that’s what you mean) on several devices, including Roon. That does not seem to be a problem.

Mads

@Mads - Thanks for the update

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.