Tidal Login Failed - no longer subscribed to Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, NUC nuc613syk, 8GB RAM
Roon Version 1.7 (build 528)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys E1200 wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast Audio to Peachtree Nova 150 via toslink

Description Of Issue

I used to have a Tidal subscription and used it successfully in Roon. I no longer subscribe to Tidal. Now every time I start Roon on the core or any of my devices I get the “Tidal login failed” alert. Fine, so the solution should be to go to “services” in my settings on my core machine and remove my Tidal login info. However, the only option on this screen is “edit” which brings me to two options: "login
and “start free trial”. There is no option to remove my Tidal login info.

The only solution I have tried so far is to close Roon on the core, delete the contents of the cache folder located in c:\Users[my user name]\AppData\Local\Roon and reboot the core. The problem persists.

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL login errors but not subscribed to TIDAL

Hi @Daave,

Can you reboot your Core machine, launch Roon, and then make a note of the time that you see the error message? We can then enable diagnostics and take a closer look. Thanks!

Yes. 9:10am on 3/24/20.

Thanks, @Daave.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

@dylan thank you. I was mistaken. My Tidal account is actually current. I had forgotten to cancel it, apparently. So I followed the “login” link which brought me to my web browser, completed the login, and it brought me back to Roon, and everything works great. And now the “edit” button does give me the “disable” option. So I’m all set. Still, it is strange that Roon gave me the login error in the first place and that it did not give me the “disable” option until I logged into Tidal.
Thank you,
Daave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.